France - New regs for scooters and motorbikes

Wanderbirds

Greetings,

Recently, the French Road Safety Minister Michele Merli announced that motorcyclists (and scooterists) should travel no faster than cars - i.e. no filtering between stationary traffic in jams. To protest, as only the French can 10,000 bikers and scooterists in Paris and many more in 40 other cities across France followed intructions in the Minister's announcement and brought the country to a grinding halt. So if like us you ride the French roads on your 2 wheel steed watch out for "la Plod" if you filter.

If you see thousands of bikers and scooterists driving slowly round towns whilst driving your MH you'll know why.

:-(

Guest JudgeMental

does that apply to cyclists as well......wouldent surprise me, what plonkers! :-S

But if your part of the French upper class hierarchy anything goes........They protect the likes of Polanski and prosecute bike riders, am I surprised? Noooooooo

JudgeMental - 2010-07-15 4:47 PM

does that apply to cyclists as well......wouldent surprise me, what plonkers! :-S

But if your part of the French upper class hierarchy anything goes........They protect the likes of Polanski and prosecute bike riders, am I surprised? Noooooooo

Maybe it will only be electric bikes.

( Is Polanski in France now ? )

;-) ;-)

They wouldn't dare announce a ban on "filttering" on bikes just before Le Tour.

With this no filtering rule and the French gene that renders them incapable of negotiating roundabouts it is going to make them even more exciting on two wheels.

>:-(

Guest JudgeMental
malc d - 2010-07-15 6:03 PM

JudgeMental - 2010-07-15 4:47 PM

Maybe it will only be electric bikes.

( Is Polanski in France now ? )

;-) ;-)

He lives there, he is a French citizen.....was only visiting Switzerland

an electric bike is not classed as a motorised vehicle it is same as non electric bike.....

Archived