low emission zones

KeithR

apparently a 2.8 ducato registered between 2001 and 2005 is automatically classed as euro 3 (in UK).

looking at the german zones, there are 3 levels, euro 2 (red sticker), euro 3 (yellow sticker) and euro 4 (green sticker). however, from 1.1.2010 only green stickers are valid, so an upgrade (diesel particulate filter) is required.

do i have it correct? and if so, what is the cost of an upgrade?

incidentally, it seems it is 6euro getting your sticker online from berlin, and 12.5euro elsewhere (www.drive-alive.co.uk).

and i thought it was straightforward! >:-(

Hi,

Depending on exactly what engine etc you have you can obtain the equipment to bring it up to the required Germany standard for the Green Sticker for around €870 plus the Germany VAT (19% I believe) plus fitting.

(There are a number of driviatives of the Fiat Ducato 2.8JTD engine)

I'm not sure if this fitment would allow your vehicle to comply with the London LEZ should it be implemented fully, be very interested if anyone knows the correct answer to this question, as it could make having the modification done more cost effective

Hope that helps

the upgrade sounds far too expensive, better to travel in by train or bus from a campsite in the short term. checked out the website lenny (it was upgraded this month) and it seems to agree with you.i didd notice it gave 3 emission groups for the green zone.do they reelate to the euro standards, and not the redd, yellow,green zones? if so, then euro 3 would be valid in the green zone??? 8-)

Hi,

This link will give you a graphical idea of when the proposed changes to the various areas/cities take place, if you zoom in you will see the dates when the various coloured stickers will come into play.

If you have a mouse with a roller on it just hold down the Ctrl key and rotate the roller it will zoom in and out.

Hope that helps

http://www.umwelt-plakette.de/

Its also worth checking other major European Cities as there are quiet a lot of them introducing similar schemes.

http://www.lowemissionzones.eu/content/view/63/90/

Archived