Fort William Parking.

gordonaldson

Ah nice one, noticed today that Fort William has a Motorhome and caravan car park opposite the Railway station. Counted about 14 places, with 5 Motohomes and 2 caravans in attendance.

And, and, a Morrisons and Lidl, very, very, nearby. Like Eye shot.

Don't know if you can stay overnight though. Highly unlikely.

Anyone been there. Any problems.

Marking down as stopoff next time passing.

Gordy..

Tomo should have also said that there is a limit on the number of threads you are allowed to see before being asked to be a full member. You could always pay to be a full member.

Some former members left when the payment was introduced. I believe a lot have now regretted leaving. Especially the ones who went over to `Motorhome Fun`.

There is also a park with spaces for M/homes overlooking Loch Linnhe at Fort William.

You can't stay there overnight ( the signs tell you so! ) The parking fee is very reasonable for all day. We were there in June this year.

I have noticed that some 'viewing areas' are starting to 'sprout' height barriers along Loch Linnhe. Presumably to stop M/homers overnighting in them.

It's a real shame, as we are all made to suffer for the few 'tight' buggers who wont pay a site fee!! ( I'll retreat behind the barricades!! )

On the whole we have found that parking for M/homes is quite well catered for in that part of Scotland, which is more than I can say for other areas in the UK !

The fitting of height barriers to car parks has very little to do with motorhome owners, tight or otherwise. It is part of ACPOs' crime reduction recommendations to local authorities.

Sadly yet another peson making judgements on other motorhomers without knowing them, their circumstances or their reasons for stopping over night. I do use sites in the main, mostly CL/CS sites and main sites only out of season when it's cheaper. Not because I'm tight but I fail to see why I shouldn't be allowed to use the parking facilities provided, just because I'm in a motorhome, and passing through an area. Funnily enough, at no point did any of the reasons I bought my van include to assist site owners and clubs to make even more money.

747 - 2010-07-18 1:31 PM

Tomo should have also said that there is a limit on the number of threads you are allowed to see before being asked to be a full member. You could always pay to be a full member.

Some former members left when the payment was introduced. I believe a lot have now regretted leaving. Especially the ones who went over to `Motorhome Fun`.

But not the ones who set up their own free forum at http://motorhomingwild.forumup.co.uk ...

Andy

Hi lenny,

You will only get `booted off` that site if you do not post for 6 months. You can remain as long as you like as a Free Member. Nobody is forcing you to hand over money.

As you hardly ever post, wildcamping must be low on your priorities anyway.

I do not mind the payment as I feel it is good value. If I wanted to stay over in Fort William, the info I need is available.

Archived