portable sunloungers

gilliang

I have just come back from a long roam around Europe and have watched with envy as Italians and Germans walk down to the beach carrying their, obviously light, sunloungers. They then unpack them and they lie flat! Yes, strangely, I do not want to be propped up one end all the time - as every sunlounger supplier in British camping magazines seem to believe. I have, at last, found a name to look for - Planet Sport - but the only manufacturer of this name on the internet does not seem to do portable sunloungers, just sport equipment. Can anyone help me please?

We bought a "lie flat" sunlounger a couple of years ago in France, but cant remember which chain, Might have been Lidl or maybe hyper u. I have just been to see if it has a make or identity, but only Info is a multilingual fabric label stating that material is a form of PVC

It is 3 section and will lay flat, and a unique feature is that it has a small additional panel which can be hinged up to give shade over your head when lying down. Framework is ali tubing approx 25mm dia with the PVC fabric in blue colour.. Dimension when flat 6ft long by approx 2 ft wide, and folds into 3 section plus the face or head panel. From memory , cost was around 40 euro which we thought was good value

If I do find any identity mark, I will repost and give the info.

tonyg3nwl

Having put my glasses on properly, The identity of sunlounger is

Model No Z25852, Version4-2008

Paget Trading Ltd

C/O Paget Services

65/66 Woodrow

LondonSE18-5DH

no Phone no given.

other half confirms a lidl purchase from Lidl at AGDE

hope it might help

tonyg3nwl

gilliang - 2010-07-18 9:56 AM

I have just come back from a long roam around Europe and have watched with envy as Italians and Germans walk down to the beach carrying their, obviously light, sunloungers. They then unpack them and they lie flat!

Yes, strangely, I do not want to be propped up one end all the time - as every sunlounger supplier in British camping magazines seem to believe.

You haven't looked very far gilliang!

These have been around for years. Sold in Argos and many other similar places, no doubt on some markets too. Pack flat and the back is ratcheted so you can set it to any position.....including totally flat if you like.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6503295/Trail/searchtext%3ELOUNGER.htm

Why not use an airbed, they lie flat and will give support, or if you use sandy beaches why not use a beach towel or a roll up 1/2 inch thick camping mat.

PS I am not trying to be cynical but believe the above can be worthy contenders.

Likewise: camping style airbeds. (The more robust type ones that have a sort of canvas finish over a rubber material)

Brilliant.

Cheap, rolls up tiny when not inflated, takes about 2 mins to inflate, superbly comfy on shingle beaches, on dry or wet grass, on dirt, on pebbles etc; can be used in the sea, when holed can easily be repaired, if only part-inflated can be "bent" to use as seat base and backrest.

And cost of a decent quality one? About 12 quid from memory.

It may not be "yuppy", but it's a fantastic sun lounger in practice.

:-D

• 2 weeks later...
In the past I have had a rubberised cotton airbed made from three sections. If youwanted to sit, you sat on the pillow and there were straps to join the other two sections together, a lovely comfy beach chair. I haven't found one for years, so if anyone knows a source let me know please.

Archived