Winter Trip/ Road Atlas

starvin marvin

Just booked the ferry via the CC for about the same price as last year. This year it'll actually cost a bit less, as its P&O to Calais rather than Norfolk Lines to Dunkirk and we're going again to Spain & Portugal, with maybe a month in France, if I can stand the rubbish bread. Can't wait to get away.

Bought a Euro Atlas by some outfit called GeoCenter (yes thats the correct spelling) at 1:300.000 for £8.99 from the Map Shop in Upton on Severn. This is loads clearer that either the AA one at 1:400,000 which is rubbish or the Michelin again at 1:400, 000.

So I can now go to some new places which obviously exist, with roads that also exist.

This is not a holiday you understand its just living abroad. Being retired there is no such thing as a holiday, no promotions either, (I still rank behind the dog) its just constant work 7 days a week, must go I think I may have left the iron on, and the spuds need scraping.

I always used the Collins France Atlas in LARGE Scale it actually showed various attractions too and where the speed cameras are.... if I remember rightly I bought it from WH Smiths at around a tenner good value and a good all round map to have...just a shame they don't do one in the same scale for Spain!! or if they do I never found one!!

mondo - 2010-07-19 6:28 PM

I always used the Collins France Atlas in LARGE Scale it actually showed various attractions too and where the speed cameras are.... if I remember rightly I bought it from WH Smiths at around a tenner good value and a good all round map to have...just a shame they don't do one in the same scale for Spain!! or if they do I never found one!!

You won't find one for Spain & Portugal because they don't do one.

topfitter1 - 2010-07-19 9:07 PM

spuds, u can afford spuds u must have a good pension, i can only just feed my whippet up ear in yorkshire

good luck in your winter travels

ken

I know I said spuds but they are really called 'taters around here. It helps that we have an allotment, unfortunately they won't let us keep pigeons, they would just eat all the knobby greens! Thanks, I'm sure we will if the bloody Fiat keeps going.

bounty hunter - 2010-07-19 9:38 PM

Just tried CC leaving Nov returning April but they have no prices. What dates did you use? First time going for winter so all help appreciated.

Thanks

John

Booking is for going out end of September returning mid December, but will change return date into the New Year, I think it costs a tenner to change a booking for a similar time, plus the cost of the 'phone call. We have to do this as we need dates to work to or time just drifts away and the ferry cost just goes up, been caught out before.

I guess the trip will be 16/18 weeks or when the money runs out!

bounty hunter - 2010-07-19 9:38 PM

Just tried CC leaving Nov returning April but they have no prices. What dates did you use? First time going for winter so all help appreciated.

Thanks

John

Booking is for going out end of September returning mid December, but will change return date into the New Year, I think it costs a tenner to change a booking for a similar time, plus the cost of the 'phone call. We have to do this as we need dates to work to or time just drifts away and the ferry cost just goes up, been caught out before.

I guess the trip will be 16/18 weeks or when the money runs out!

Archived