Safe Solvent

Sparky7

On a recent trip to France, during a huge thunderstorm, water entered round the sides and top of one of the Seitz windows. As an emergency measure, I went round it (and other windows with dodgy-looking sealant) with duct tape. What would we do without it? Now, I want to remove it and seal the windows properly, but it isn't easy to remove. Do any of you helpful, knowledgeable people know of a solvent which will not strip the paint off, nor damage the sides of, an aluminium clad coachbuilt?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Guest JudgeMental

I would not be using any kind of solvent. I am sure it is unnecessary in the first place.

I am sure it will move if you persevere, using a block of wood and a mallet for instance. Important to use the right stikiflex adhesive to reseal as well......probably best to ask a motorhome repair shop regards this.

had to have fridge vent frame replaced old one was broken in pieces and someone fixed it with sikaflex 8-) local repair agents said not to use solvent but to keep picking away by hand and wooden wedge gently tapping away took most of day but no damage done, so agree with judge. hope this helps.

I agree with Clive.

Probably the only upside to being a smoker is that I always have a small can of Ronson lighter fuel to hand. It is much more refined than a gallon of unleaded and leaves no residue.

Archived