aires near bordeaux

rapidoman

Guest JudgeMental

There are about 30 Aires scattered near the A10 north of Bordeaux, before you cross the estuary.....it then thins out a bit as you head south.

I have no personal experience of any of them......

hi barry no this will be first time only got 2 weeks so thought we would pay up and take the motorways to save time. any other options will be appreciated, life a bit hectic at mo just want to get there and chill for four or five days then maybe travel in to foix or carcassone

Guest JudgeMental
both autoroute 2010 and garmin mapsource, route down the west coast via Borduex as you originally planned.......

Hello Rapidoman,

In reply to your original request. We have stayed on a few Aires about 20 to 30 miles SE of Bordeaux. Some can be found in All the Aires France, though they are all on the Camping Car Infos (cci) site http://www.campingcar-infos.com/index1.htm

In the [] after each name I have put where to find them in the cci website ie [cci Departement no 33/ Aire number].

Fontenac [cci 33/20]- A great Aire out in the sticks. Very quiet indeed if you discount the church bells but this is France. Village has church, cafe, pharmacy and a shop that sells everything including super fresh bread - it is not just a 'depot de pain'. We have spent a few nights here as we love this spot for complete relaxation. Good for walking and cycling. Lots of Bastides nearby to visit.

Cadillac [cci 33/10] - A medieval small town/ large village (after which the car is named). The Aire is a small car park near the centre of town, but is very safe and quiet. Town is interesting with good bakeries, cafes, restaurants etc

Fontet [cci 33/ 19] - great Aire next to a lake - very peaceful.

La Reole [cci 33/25] - Next to busy road D1113, old and not very well maintained tap, sluice etc. no borne - wouldn't use again but the town is interesting with the oldest town hall in France - a gift from Richard the Lionheart.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Guest JudgeMental
rapidoman - 2010-07-26 9:28 AM

thanks for help will look to download aires to my navman

That really is the best idea...nothing worse then in the middle of the night looking for an Aire when tired. I would not be without one or all the data.......

Of suggestions so far would go for Cadillac. It is in a residential area, lit at night and easy walk to bastide town. A very good market Sat am, but try not to arrive then as very busy. All services, inc. electric, were free but understand that electric now charged. We have always found our stays there enjoyable.

Archived