pelo

Guest Tracker

You can edit out the text within 30 minutes of posting but the blank posting will remain in perpetuity!

Oh golly gosh - just what the world needs - another forum being advertised on this forum?

Hello Tracker

Thanks for the reply about deletion I had been looking for a button!!!

As regards to just another forum well if you take a look at your profile section it asks your website address SORRY if it is another forum but it has been submitted to the club section.

As you have quoted no right or wrong ways just different.

By the way can you help me with the Awning question?

Guest Tracker

Sorry Pelo would help if I could but I can't help with awnings as we never use 'em - not even in our caravan days.

Too much hassle and too much stuff to carry and store and we very rarely even bother with the van's roll out sunshade type awning that it came with - I would never pay to have one fitted to a van!

If it's warm us just sits out in the sun and if it's too hot us moves back into the shade of the van and if it's too cold us goes back indoors - simples!

silverback - 2010-07-25 9:33 PM

pelo, have i missed something here :-S

but i cant find any question about an awning, please enlighten us :-D

jonathan

Hi jonathan

The question about the awning if you look further down the list you will see new member pelo

Hello

Just wanted to say hi we have been motorhoming for about five years now and enjoying travelling around Europe.

We are looking to purchase a new awning (small) one which is easy to put up and take down without to much trouble, also thinking about the weight of it.

Can anyone recommend any awning? As they have changed so much to when we had a caravan.

Thank you in advance

Pelo

They were posted together one was by mistake hense the question how do I delete this post

Hope that is clearer now

pelo

Hi and welcome

We bought one of the movelite driveaway awnings, it only weighs about 12.8k (I think) and packs away into a bag not much bigger than a sleeping bag size, and only takes about 15mins to put up and peg, it is 3metre square.

The only things to consider if you are going to buy one are; how long you are likely to stay in one place to warrant putting it up? and if you are going to stay on aires a lot, you can't use them.

If you only have a smallish van then they can provide a bit of extra on-site space to put table/chairs etc.. in when you go off for the day with the van.

All things said we haven't taken ours away as we only stay a night or two in one place and use Aires, we just use it at our local club, where it provides a good party tent!

Happy camping :-D

Hi Pelo and welcome.

The only awning we ever use is the wind-out type attached to the top edge of our motorhome.

Easy to wind-out, easy to wind-in, and as we live in Spain it's generally shade we're after, not wind or rain protection.

The additional awnings (Safari room type thingies) have always seemed to me a bit of a waste of time, and a huge effort to put up/take down/stow away/clean/dry out (each to their own of course).

Just a thought but....Are you really sure you're ever gonna get real value for money from such a thing.....after all if it's windy or wet can't you just retreat inside your MH, or to the local pub?

Hi guys

Thank you le canichot d'epagn and Bgd for the welcomes also Brian for the link page.

Taken note of all the advice and information, never even considered about tents.

Look forward to chatting somemore in the future.

Pelo

Archived