LPG In Greece

KD1

I wonder can anybody supply me with a list of LPG outlets in Greece, especially the Peloponese. I know that it is rare to find them, but any advice on places that supply the LPG would be great, as I have just booked the Ferry from Ancona at the end of August for 9 weeks. Cheers.

Hi,

If you are planning to visit Athens this site is ideal for visiting all the cities attractions. The bus stop is close to the site entrance. It is also very convenient for Piraeus Port, 4 miles.

Camping Athens

GPS co-ords N38.008590 E23.671996

Large garden type site with the entrance off an 8 lane dual carriageway. There is some road noise during the day but is reasonably quiet at night.

Only a very small part of the site was in use, there were six units during our short (19/20 March) visit.

The English speaking staffs were very helpful.

COST.

Camper, two persons and electricity.

Up to 31/03/2010 €28 per night

After 31/03/2010 €29 per night.

There are no discounts available, they do except the plastic though.

This includes wifi with the best signal close to the office.

SITE FACILITIES.

Toilets very good, showers adequate, all very clean. Could be stretched in high season.

Shop and restaurant open in the high season.

There are no washing machines available.

LOCAL AMENITIES.

There are two supermarkets and an ATM within walking distance of the site.

ATM.

Turn left out of gate, Euro bank ATM on left in 10 minutes

Small supermarket, turn left out of gate s/m on left 5 minute walk.

Large AB Supermarket, turn right out of gate s/m on right, 15 minute walk.

LPG.

LPG is available within 2 miles

GPS co-ords N37.99304 E23.69742

The BP filling station looks like a scrap yard. As you enter the site the LPG pump is directly in front of you. We paid €0.69 per litre.

While we were waiting our turn they refilled a large camping gas bottle and a local 13 kg bottle. They had a set of adapters that would fit most bottles including calor gas bottles.

OBSERVATIONS.

When you drive out of the site you must turn right, within 200 metres there is a set of traffic lights where you can do a u turn.

We have been in Greece now for five days and I've noticed that many filling stations do not now except credit cards.

For LPG see http://www.gas-tankstellen.de/menu.php?jump=land&mode=lpg&land=GR&sort=Ort

Safe travelling

Don

I agree with Don for the Athens info. I also used the Athens BP gas station, we were there last September/October.

You will not find any LPG filling stations in the Pelopanese, all are in the North of Greece, they are about but you have to search for them, sorry no locations as we only needed to top up our supply.

We met some campers who were adamant that you cannot refill in Greece- rubbish, we have Gaslow and as Don says they have all the European connections.

Curly - 2010-07-28 6:44 AM

I am in a rush and forgot to mention a site to see, and there are many, but the number one that is amazing and that is METEORA it is a must see, you will never forget it. 8-) 8-)

Agree with Curly, truly breathtaking.

Also IMHO a must see in Northern Greece is the Vikos Gorge, especially for Walkers.

Archived