Overnight near Namur in Belgium

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental

We are heading oft to Italy via Switzerland on Monday. we normally get to Metz at least for our first stop or Obernai. But we are leaving later and need to get the yearly dampcheck carried out at dealer in Belgium on the way.....

My sat nav shows a few Aires near Namur, but I cant find any info on them...

Any recommendations or advice would be welcome :-D

Guest JudgeMental
There seems to be another Aire a bit further south at Rocheford...anyone stayed there? cant find out the size of them. I have always found Belgian aires very busy and difficult to get on :-S

Hi, I have just looked up Belgian Aires in Bord Atlas, and sad to say it doesnt list any at Namur. I do know there is one at Tournai, a large area with water point and disposal, near the town. I stayed there back in May.

tonyg3nwl

ps also one at bleharies alongside the canal. Only facility I found was a fish and chip van in the adjacent carpark, so other half had reduced cooking duty. Chips for 2 cost 2 euro.

Tony

Guest JudgeMental
Cheers Tony, but heading down the A4 from Brussels to Luxenborgh so something near this route would be better. my sat nav stuff shows some Aires along the way, but I would rather head for ones that have plenty of room then tiny ones.....

http://www.airemotorhome.be/ gives some locations with fairly minimal descriptions (Use of google maps may help with location/size).

If you hover on 'Aires' in the menu, it gives areas (of which Namur is one), hovering on each area gives a list of links for locations.

For example, the Aire at Arlon already mentioned, is under Luxembourg.

Be careful, however - If I'm interpreting properly - my French is reasonably good, some locations are daytime parking only.

HTH

We stayed overnight at Camping a La Ferme, Beloeil back in June and it was delightful.  It's essentially a 12 pitch site like a CL/CS with electric.

It's a very tight squeeze getting into the site as you go through a gate in the side of a building, a bit like going into a garage.  The ground was 'pasture' as opposed to garden but it was in an enchanted walled garden.

The owner was a smashing bloke but you'll either need to speak French or be good at gesticulating :-) :-)

Attached are the details.

There's also this link which might be useful?

http://www.wallonie-tourisme.be/listes/campsite/en/HC/liste.html

W2G

Camping a La Ferme, Beloeil.pdf

Guest JudgeMental
thanks W2G, bit of route but looks good...did you book ahead or just turn up, might use it on way home......

We just turned up and it was fine.

If you look on Google maps you'll see the building you have to drive through and the circular path around the site.

When we arrived it was getting late and drizzling.  Our satnav said "you've arrived" and we both said "where, where".  We did a 'U' turn to try a better angle through the entrance and gingerly entered what looked like someone's back yard.  We drove into a completely empty back garden.  "Quick, let's go" we both said "before someone see us".  By the time we turned our 3.5 ton vehicle around we saw the owner on his way to the shop and gathered we had indeed found the right place and we could park wherever we liked and we could pay him whenever . . . . tomorrow would be fine.

It turned out to be a delight.  A Dutch motorhome joined us a bit later and that was that.

It's a nice little town which would probably benefit from a bit more time.

W2G

Archived