Ferry Deal

lennyhb

Telegraph Offer with P&O:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/promotions/

Just booked a crossing out on Bank Holiday 30th Aug, return Sun 19th Sept. £50

Have to book buy 6th Aug valid for travel up to 30th Sept.

Terms & Conditions say not valid for Motorhomes over 6m but I hadn't read that and entered my van length at 6.8m which the online booking accepted.

Guest JudgeMental

thanks Lenny, I may use this to go to Düsseldorf show :-D

to get it down to £50 pretty unsociable times though...what do you think?

thinking of 30th to 3rd or so

JudgeMental - 2010-07-30 5:01 PM

thanks Lenny, I may use this to go to Düsseldorf show :-D

to get it down to £50 pretty unsociable times though...what do you think?

thinking of 30th to 3rd or so

Out 23:55 which suits us as we are going straight from the "Twinwood Festival" just north of Bedford.

Back 10:55 am Sunday OK I accept may have to get up early at 9:30.

I think it said somewhere in the offer you can get on a ferry up to 1½ hours before the booked time.

flicka - 2010-07-30 5:06 PM

Hi Lenny

Exclusion of Motorhomes may be height related, rather than length.

Maybe wise to ring P&O to clarify.

Wouldn't want you to be touring France in an open top. 8-)

It says not valid Motorhomes over 6m but as I said it accepted the booking at 6.8, I imagine Motorhomes under 6m are just as high.

"Book, using offer code WSS, by the 25th August for travel during August 2010 and get £5 off each way when travelling out from Dover on any Sunday to Thursday and out from Dunkirk on any Monday to Friday during the offer period"

I just got this offer through and am going out Sunday 12th September, returning Friday 12th November, £19 each way, fare applies to motorhomes up to 7metres. Monday departure would be an extra tenner. Hope of interest

Bojitoes

Guest JudgeMental

Just checked with Norfolkline and for similar unsociable times, they are a few quid cheaper.....the difference being, the quote is specifically for a motorhome. would hate to turn up and get knocked back as P&O terms do say cars only.......

maybe worth checking with a call

edit: not cheaper a bit more (fuel duty) :-S

Great to see some good deals about.

When I board a ferry and park beside a monster of a truck I query why I am asked the height of my MH as I have yet to board a channel ferry that would present that problem. I also find annoying the C&CC booking system which requires full vehicle details, date of birth of passenger etc all of which are irrelevant and in my experience the system falls over at the last moment resulting in a telephone call being required when I can book direct with the same carrier with no problems and minimum information.

Exactly, the only time I have seen any height problems has been on the Condor to St Malo. As for Club ferry bookings I have given up. I have been told there are no vacancies when there are plenty and at cheaper prices. Also more flexibilty booking direct with no problems getting through on the telephone. This business of a code annoys me, there are continuous codes available for a discount, what a con for unsuspecting regular users. I have just received a Privilege Discount code from Seafrance yet it can be bettered on the very same website.

As Alan says , height is required on Fast cats, as brittany can only take so many High vehicles, and you have to back on, as unable to turn to come off.Handy to be one of the first off !! We are just over 3 mtrs (Due to Sat Dome) and were the highest vehicle on the Cherburg/Portsmouth crossing two weeks ago. They take trailers but not caravans on this crossing.

PJay

Guest JudgeMental
lennyhb - 2010-07-31 12:01 PM

Norfolk Line are also doing good prices if you want to travel at 'Silly O'clock' you can get a return for £38 any length Motorhome.

dont forget the £12 fuel surcharge (like wot I did :-S ) but yes some good deals for motorhomes for unsociable hours.

Archived