Site review of Chauvigny campsite

Patricia

I found this campsite by chance, booked in for one night, stayed for 12, went away for two and came back for another two! It is an absolutely great site and worth every euro. I was lucky enough to be sent a copy of the review by Randonneur (my MMM copy awaits my return at home) so a copy was passed to the gardienne and it has been translated into French. Most English people I have spoken to in the last few days have arrived because of the review and none have been disappointed, some like me intending to stay one night but have stayed for longer.

Just a few additional bits of information: campin-cars pay only €6 plus €2.70 electricity (if required) and €1.70 for the dog (if applicable). Facilities are spotless, washing machine much cheaper than Club sites in the UK, m/home servicing are the best I have ever used and appear to be free to people who do not pay to stay on the site. Lots of things going on locally and very welcoming gardien(n)es. Good sized pitches and a true friendly international feeling.

However, many of you will think the free wifi (throughout the site) is the best bit and the speed is well able to support Skype if you have it.

Don't really want to leave but think I had better go before I stay until it closes in October!

PS I spent the two nights away on a Castel site (Fierbois) which cost me the same as 8 nights here and the facilities were awful! The only bonus was that I spent time with my family on my birthday and it had a pool!

It sounds a lot better than the one I was on last week, "Bel-Event" by Mont San Micheal before you ask.

Cost me 20 Euros a night, plus 4.20 Euros for electric! Plus taxes!

Cost me about 26 Euros a night.

The pool was really a paddling pool it was so small, the "heated" bit must have meant the sun shining on it it was so cold.

There was no where to empty the grey water unless you had a bucket or long hose, and the traffic on the adjacent road was very loud at times.

The multitude of plastic chalets and the stored vans at least kept the wind down a bit.

I wouldn't have gone there but I was meeting family for a couple of days, it was heaven to get back to a nice Aire!

Hallii

Archived