Le Havre

Peter Pan

We recently returned from a 2 week visit to Normandy. Had a great time touring the D-Day beaches & Bayeux.

We had 3/4 hours in Le Havre whilst waiting for the return ferry. A very pleasant town with a World Heritage centre. If you find yourself in a similar situation I would recommend a really nice cafe called 'Place Des Tasses' in the rue Albert Andre Huet. It offers the largest range of teas (Russian blend) I have ever seen.

Also the cheapest diesel I saw in Normandy was at the Total stations in Le Havre. I paid EU110.9/L.

Peter Pan - 2010-08-05 9:58 PM We recently returned from a 2 week visit to Normandy. Had a great time touring the D-Day beaches & Bayeux. We had 3/4 hours in Le Havre whilst waiting for the return ferry. A very pleasant town with a World Heritage centre. If you find yourself in a similar situation I would recommend a really nice cafe called 'Place Des Tasses' in the rue Albert Andre Huet. It offers the largest range of teas (Russian blend) I have ever seen. Also the cheapest diesel I saw in Normandy was at the Total stations in Le Havre. I paid EU110.9/L.

It seems it would be cheaper getting back to England to fill up (!) Or is this a fairy tale Peter? :-D

Dave

Brian

Did I mention I used to be a financial advisor to The Treasury!

How is the Hobby Van going? We are still really happy with our choice although it is currently with a dealer in Woking for a repaint (under warranty). The paint on the moulding over the cab is bubbling.

Peter ;-)

Peter Pan - 2010-08-06 1:38 PM

My error gentlemen, it should be EU1.10.9/L. At the exchange rate I received on my Nationwide credit card it equated to 91p/L.

Nationwide told me today that from November it will cost me an extra 2 percent plus a pound flat fee to use my Debit card in Europe ,sorry to high jack the thread but thought it relevant,

Peter Pan - 2010-08-06 8:30 PM Brian Did I mention I used to be a financial advisor to The Treasury! How is the Hobby Van going? We are still really happy with our choice although it is currently with a dealer in Woking for a repaint (under warranty). The paint on the moulding over the cab is bubbling. Peter ;-)

STJ?  Going there Monday for the annual warranty damp check.  Strange about your overcab moulding, I'm sure ours is just white gell coat.  Is yours a silver one?

No real problems, air rides on the back keep its bum out of trouble, and improve the ride somewhat.  Engine seems to be coming on well, and is quietening as it loosens.  Overall, it suits us well for what we want, and has been "persuaded" into lots of odd places here and there without too much heartache!  Relatively quiet, quick - in a 'vanny sort of way, comfortable, fair ride, fair handling, relaxing to drive, good bed, totally useless oven - but you can't have it all, can you?  :-)  Apologies for OT.

Archived