Brownhills are at it again

rolandrat

I went to BH Newark once for a look round but there's been too many stories of poor aftercare for me to want to spend my money there. They do seem to have good deals and if you get a van with no problems they're probably fine place to buy from. However, whether through arrogance or ineptitude, they seem completely unable to comprehend what constitutes good customer service and also seem to have no concept of the bad PR that they generate, so I'm not tempted to give them a try and I guess quite a few other first time buyers must decide the same.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JohnsCrossMotorHomes - 2010-08-10 10:22 PM

Colin Leake - 2010-08-10 5:18 PM

We had an external grill cover and grill go missing at the back of the cooker on our Rapido. Many phone calls to Brownhills failed for some time to establish what the grill was and even then we were quoted 7 weeks for delivery.

It looked like a standard size and type of grill used on many motorhomes to me so rang Johns Cross and gave them the size of the opening. Straight away they said it was a standard product they stocked but if I would like to nip down (we live near them) they would check and sell me one. It was and they did indeed have it in stock and when selling it too me they made sure I purchased the correct mastic for fitting it from them. Two hours later I had fitted the new grill complete with new stainless screws.

There is another small dealer on the same road as them who is equally impressive. I would love to buy our next motorhome from them but unfortunately I'm not to impressed with the quality of the swift products they sell and we will probably go for another Rapido but from another local firm Wokingham Motorhomes who from some of their customers we have spoken too seem near sainthood!

Just goes to show how important a good reputation is and how much custom ot brings in both in terms of new and repeat business.

Hi,

If you want a new Rapido, there is no better place to fo than Caravannes Rapido, Wokingham. 0118-979-1023

Martin and Paul know their stuff and give a 100% back up with friendly and knowledgable service second to none.

As to new vans apart from Swift and AutoCruise, the new Hobbys are arriving soon at Johns Cross

Peter

We will have a look at the Hobbys at the NEC and if we see anything we like may be pop down and have a chat. I presume taking our imaculate Rapido in PX would be no problem. There you are sell us a vent one year and maybe a new motorhome the next!

I want to thank everyone for all their emails, support and responses. I have received around 1700 private emails and they are still coming, mostly to support Mandy with her illness. I must first say that somewhere along the line I said Brownhills Newark had not offered to me a free hire van but I was incorrect. this was done just prior to a driver from Brownhills coming and to collect the old motorhome, it was done by email but I overlooked it amongst the hundreds of other emails ---- for that statement I'm sorry.

Yesterday and today Michelle Rowlands and Dean Wood overseen by Andrew Graggs have come to an agreement of what they want to do for us. I had already been given a total refund on Monday and I must admit I didn't make it easy for them, Michelle said they wanted to help us and would I give Brownhills another chance, to this I replied " yes " we had no Idea till today when we got to Brownhills just what this might be.

Brownhills have basically found us a motorhome that we had always wanted and never thought we could afford, they made it affordable to us and this includes warranty and insurance.

Dean, then Michelle realised we have now got the van of our dreams but was unable to afford to go away. Andrew Craggs then dropped some more so we are now able to go away as soon as Mandy has been to hospital.

Andrew Craggs, before we left today personally came and apologised to both Mandy and myself and said there had been a terrible breakdown in communication and a string of problems that had escalated and that he and Brownhills have taken great steps to move the Company image forward and he takes any criticism personally.

I'm very pleased and also grateful how Brownhills have now handled our situation, now god willing we will now have our dream (((((((may I say it))))))) all the better for Brownhills of Newark.

I would like to add my thanks for the support of all including Brownhills.

Mandy said by buying a motorhome we suddenly seem to have lot's more friends. I pointed out to Mandy the motorhome had little to do with it and that people care about her and how she is.

Mandy sends her love to you all.

Just been warned by the Mod that my posting re visiting the Brown Eels stand at the Western Show has been pulled at the request of their 'legal department' :-(

It seems they are willing to dish out s**t (at £24,000 a punnet), but the little lambs don't want to take it!

I'm looking forward to an interesting weekend... :D

I have worked as a service manager for Ford for seventeen years and have never in my life would I have dreamed that any large dealer could give this kind of service and still be trading nor would I have believed it only for being on the receiving side of it myself only for Autosleepers great service I really dont know what I would have done and it wasnt really their place to sort out. Only that I had to get home and fly out to Germany I would have left the motorhome nor did I know that all their promises were false. I will never be in their doors again No mater how cheep their vans are.

Can i add my disgust for said company , obviously other issues within the story make it even worse than just buying a crappy van . We bought an Autotrail Miami from said numpties 3 years ago , 5 grand cheaper there than anywhere else but christ do I wish I had bought elsewhere . I am sure my story of terrible aftersales service will be the same as many hundreds more , I am not a voilent person but a recurring dream I have involving me and a base ball bat brings me great pleasure , sweet dreams

Archived