Replacement Speedometer Cable

4petedaniel

Hi I am the owner of a 1998 Autosleeper Amethyst Automatic and my Speedo cable apeares to have broken I can't find a replacement any where.

It has been suggested that I could change it to a electronic Speedo but how can I make a connection to the gearbox?

I would greatly apprecate any help on this subject

I sent a Email to Autosleepers never got a reply. and fords were of no help.

Ford or your local motor factor should be able to supply a cable with no problem at all, but don't tell then you have an Autosleeper, tell them what transit you have.

Have you checked, if the cable is broken, and prehaps more importantly if it has a cable, at that age I would have guessed all Fords where electronic speedo, which is where the confusion may have come from.

p.s. for anyone wanting an 'odd' cable, try 'Speedy Cables'

I have tried Fords and there is no cables for an automatic on their books left in stock I have also had a friend attempt to get one from fords in Spain same story I have searched over 200 motor factors in the Uk and dozens of motor breakers. and yes I have checked it is a cable.

I need to know now how to convert it to electronic.

I have also tried Speedy Cables of Cardiff :-(

Speedy cable would not normaly in this case supply a complete cable, you would have to send the cable to them and they would replace the inner if poss.

Re changing to electronic cable, I've not much experiance of that model transit but on the cars there is often a different conector plug to the instrument cluster, if this is the case with the transit it will not be a simple change, that would be why on transit forum you got the advice to change speedo but nobody came forward to say how.

Archived