Certificate of Conformity what is it all about ??

woody.

Ive just recieved a certificate of conformity from swift , it details everything about my motorhome chassis numbers where to find them etc , infact every detail about the motorhome , ive never had one of these before so i assume this is an EC type document which should be carried in the van when abroad etc , am i correct ??

:-S

Guest Tracker

I thought that a cerstificyt of conformity was something you had to sign before being allowed to soil a caravan club site with a motorhome?

You swear on the holy flagpole that you will always use an ehu whether you want it or not and that you are very happy to pay for it to help subsidise those less fortunate with their towed caravans and huge awnings.

You promise to agree that only the club management know what is in your best interests and that you will never have the temerity to question their judgement.

You promise to be sited wherever the warden sees fit - preferably on the smallest pitch so as to leave more space for the caravans and awnings.

You promise never to comment about paying the same site fee for your Romahome without awning as a large 4x4 towing a huge 4 wheel caravan with two awnings and three windbreaks pays for their quarter acre.

Any more anyone?????????????????????

No.  You don't need to carry the CoC, and it is probably better if you don't. 

However, it is part of the EC Type Approval process, detailing the assembly history of the vehicle, and that it conforms with the approved type.  Make sure you keep it safe, because it may prove invaluable in the event of any serious problem, should one arise.  Production of a CoC requires a detailed quality control procedure to be in place so, if anything is subsequently discovered not to comply with the CoC, not only do have the evidence for what should have been there, you also have evidence that the manufacturer did not comply with his QA procedures.  If that were to happen too often he could lose his ISO 9001 QA certification, which I think may lose him his ability to issue CoCs.  That would put him well and truly in the soup!

Tracker - 2010-08-10 4:39 PM

I thought that a cerstificyt of conformity was something you had to sign before being allowed to soil a caravan club site with a motorhome?

You swear on the holy flagpole that you will always use an ehu whether you want it or not and that you are very happy to pay for it to help subsidise those less fortunate with their towed caravans and huge awnings.

You promise to agree that only the club management know what is in your best interests and that you will never have the temerity to question their judgement.

You promise to be sited wherever the warden sees fit - preferably on the smallest pitch so as to leave more space for the caravans and awnings.

You promise never to comment about paying the same site fee for your Romahome without awning as a large 4x4 towing a huge 4 wheel caravan with two awnings and three windbreaks pays for their quarter acre.

Any more anyone?????????????????????

and that when the caravanners [ drunken or otherwise ] in their massive domes make noise and laughter into the wee hours i will not complain .

I know my place .

Guest Tracker
woody. - 2010-08-10 6:08 PM

and that when the caravanners [ drunken or otherwise ] in their massive domes make noise and laughter into the wee hours i will not complain .

I know my place .

Of course you do Woody - as do we all which is why many of us joined the other mob instaed!

PS Like your avatar - is it a prototype for some kind of self abuse machine - there are a few on here who fit in that bracket and thus might benefit - present company all excepted of course!

Archived