Vet in Honfleur

martin h

We are planning to stay at this campsite in Honfleur for the last two night of our trip to France and will need to find a vet to get our dog checked before the ferry home from Caen. I have looked at the map with the vets on and can't see any in Honfleur and I have tried e-mailing the campsite but have not had a reply. Anyone know of an English speaking vet in Honfleur please?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.campings-plage.fr/campings-plage/honfleur-entre-mer-et-campagne.html

Hi Martin, yes there is a english speaking vet in Honfleur, her name is Violaine Lettise we think, in the rue de vasses, it is opposite the turning for the Aire and next door to a hotel. Sorry but have lost the details. Dont forget to take your own Frontline and worming pill from your own vet, it will only cost you about 30 euros.

martin h - 2010-08-10 9:30 PM

Slightly off track. Be careful where you park at the campsite, if it is wet. We had to be towed out of there. They tend to put Mh at the bottom near the road, and it can get very wet.After that experience we now carry our own tow rope!!

PJay

We are planning to stay at this campsite in Honfleur for the last two night of our trip to France and will need to find a vet to get our dog checked before the ferry home from Caen. I have looked at the map with the vets on and can't see any in Honfleur and I have tried e-mailing the campsite but have not had a reply. Anyone know of an English speaking vet in Honfleur please?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.campings-plage.fr/campings-plage/honfleur-entre-mer-et-campagne.html

martin h - 2010-08-17 8:27 PM

Thanks all. Maybe we will try the aire rather than the campsite.

If you go to the aire you will see the vet across the road in the Rue Des Vases. I just walked over and made an appointment for the next day.

If you use the campsite you can still use the short term parking on the aire to go to the town and the vet.

The aire can get very busy at times but should be OK now that the main French holiday season has passed.

Ralph - 2010-08-18 8:29 AM

martin h - 2010-08-17 8:27 PM

Thanks all. Maybe we will try the aire rather than the campsite.

If you go to the aire you will see the vet across the road in the Rue Des Vases. I just walked over and made an appointment for the next day.

If you use the campsite you can still use the short term parking on the aire to go to the town and the vet.

The aire can get very busy at times but should be OK now that the main French holiday season has passed.

Thanks, looks like the campsite is only a mile away from the vet so as we are staying a couple of nights will probably go for the campsite.

Do make sure you make an appointment. We saw the vet and she said no appointment necessary.

We turned up on a Thurs at the Aires and thought we would just check the vets, we needed a Fri pm appointment as we were catching the Shuttle on sunday morning.

Just as well we checked because the Vets was closing midday on the Friday!! So we went to the vet at Forges-les-Eaux.

It is any easy walk for the dog to this vets and the vet was very good last June when our dog was poorly.

zulurita - 2010-08-18 9:34 PM

Just as well we checked because the Vets was closing midday on the Friday!!

Good point. For 2 years running I booked a return ferry on a Monday and then realised that vets don't work Sundays. :$

Archived