External Silver Screen Material Supplier?

BGD

Hi Guys -

I'd like to buy some silver sun-reflective external-fitting material for the windscreen on our Motorhome.

I don't want a ready-made screen (our MH is an ancient A-Class Aryal Autostar 1992, with a monster front screen).....instead the wonderful Kathy will slave over a hot sewing machine and create one to my fabulous design.

So, I'm hunting for suppliers who could sell me the silver, heat reflective, waterproof stuff for external use, by the metre.

Anyone know any links to any companies who can supply?

Muchas gracias....

Bruce.

Hi BGD,

We recently bought internal cab screen material from CAK Ltd, who sold us the "cab mat" by the half metre, if you ask nicely! This may not be the same, material but the cost may be similar.

We bought 2.5 m BX9L15 £70.43

15m edging BXET £12.45

1 kit Eyelets CS10P £12.70

3 pkt Suction Discs CS1010 £28.26

Total £123.84 Believe it or not this was a competative price. This has done our Hymer with enough offcut to make one for the lounge rooflight. Plan it carefully the material is quite wide.

A bit expensive, but hey we had managed to buy s/h external screens cheaply. Our ext screens fit into a rail fitted above the windscreen and side windows. Before we bought the ext screens we went to Van Comfort with no luck but they do sell the fixing rail, and are very helpful. You will need some cord to make the slide in fixing and some really tough tape to take the cord, along with velcro etc.

Comment by the otherhalf was don't bother with the edging tape, get something better, she found it very difficult to machine, the tape was not wide enough.

Hi

We had to make our own external screens for our Hymer A-class and we used insulation material that is designed to replace loft insulation. It comprises several tough 'space blanket' type plastic with thin layers of 'fluffy' material. It is very good insulation but doesn't look as neat as commercially available stuff. Try searching under 'roof insulation' to find suppliers.

P&L

Hows your German?

Kantop Isomatten supply it by the metre..

Go to P24 of their pdf brochure and look for 'Fenster aussenmatten rollenware', €20 per metre..

http://www.kantop-isomatten.de/dokument/ProduktKatalog.pdf

webmaster@kantop-isomatten.de

This company is also a supplier to Vancomfort for their off the shelf external screens so you 'might' be able to order it through them...

http://www.vancomfort.co.uk/

Pete

My thanks to everyone for their help/links.

The Law of Sod has applied........this afternoon we visited a local MH spares/parts shop (only about 15kms from here) and amazingly they had a screens "kit" thingy for sale, including the material, all the edging, fixings and template material. Specially imported from some UK Company.

I think it was an order for someone who never picked it up.

Kathy did her measuring magic and worked out it would just about do all three front windows, so we bought the job lot. Dead cheap!!

So, fun with templates, scissors, sewing machine et al tomorrow.........

:-D

Archived