I got a birthday present from Talk Talk?

Don Madge

Since we've been back from our winter travels I noticed our tiscali broadband rental had gone up from £15.99 to £19.99. :( :(

Talk Talk took over tiscali last year? So I mailed TT to find out why the increase they replied with a load of waffle and gave me a number to ring to discuss the rental increase.

After a long chat I realised that I had rung the cancellation dept and I got a new deal. :D

For £28.23 per month I get an uprated broadband with a new router, TT take over from BT and I get free line rental, free local, national and international calls.

As we had been with Tiscali for over five years and today is my birthday we get the first six months at half price (£14.12) :D :D

So did I get a good deal or not?

Don

Just rang tiscali Don realised my bill had also gone up from £13.58 plus vat for line rental, broadband, caller display and voicemail ,evening and wkend talk to £15.73 plus vat.

They blamed VAT rises in January, but after I explained they had also changed the name of my package and price without notification they have offered me free 0845 and 0870 no,s as part of the package as well as 3 free months for £15.73 plus vat, with a 14 day cooling off period.

Don Madge - 2010-08-13 10:33 AM

Since we've been back from our winter travels I noticed our tiscali broadband rental had gone up from £15.99 to £19.99. :( :(

Talk Talk took over tiscali last year? So I mailed TT to find out why the increase they replied with a load of waffle and gave me a number to ring to discuss the rental increase.

After a long chat I realised that I had rung the cancellation dept and I got a new deal. :D

For £28.23 per month I get an uprated broadband with a new router, TT take over from BT and I get free line rental, free local, national and international calls.

As we had been with Tiscali for over five years and today is my birthday we get the first six months at half price (£14.12) :D :D

Is that instead of a telegram from the Queen?

Don

Don Madge - 2010-08-13 10:33 AM

Don

Is that instead of a telegram from the Queen? Sorry Don, I'm just really getting bored with painting, any diversion.

Archived