Another tall story from the DAILY MAIL

w1ntersun

johnnerontheroad - 2010-08-14 9:58 AM

It's in the Mail so it must be true.

By that token then, which newspaper always delivers the truth?

Sun?

Times?

Star?

Guardian?

Express?

Independent?

Mirror?

Only curious as I'll go and buy it in future, save me reading untruths 8-)

Martyn

Have you read the comments under the article? What I always find interesting when you see these thing in the papers is the large amount of jewellery stolen. Would you really take that sort of value on holiday with you? Perhaps it was an expensive laptop!

David

LordThornber - 2010-08-14 10:04 AM

Sun?

Times?

Star?

Guardian?

Express?

Independent?

Mirror?

Martyn

I gave up buying news papers 30+ years ago, what they don't know they make up and what they do know they embellish.

I don't buy newspapers either. Occasionally I buy The Week which summerises the most important news and I can recommend it. As far as the gas thing is concerned I thought on previous posts it had been clearly established that you would have to have a tanker of the stuff to fill a motorhome.

Sun?

Times?

Star?

Guardian?

Express?

Independent?

Mirror?

Martyn

What difference does it make as long as she's got big boobs? :-D

Sun?

Times?

Star?

Guardian?

Express?

Independent?

Mirror?

Martyn

I too gave up buying newspapers many years ago - and even before that I never regarded them as 'the truth' - you just get a rough idea of what's happened, coloured by the journalists ( or editors' ) own agenda.

It some cases it seems to be more about selling newspapers than informing the public.

:-(

johnnerontheroad - 2010-08-14 9:58 AM It's in the Mail so it must be true.
By that token then, which newspaper always delivers the truth? Sun? Times? Star? Guardian? Express? Independent? Mirror? Only curious as I'll go and buy it in future, save me reading untruths 8-) Martyn

Suggest you start by just buying one that didn't print this story!  Then assess its general coverage and, when you get the balance right, stay with that until ownership/editorial policy makes it unacceptable.  After which, you start again.  :-D

Come on give the Mail a break it is the silly season after all and who knows it just might make some of us more aware of our personal security. Anyway things are about to get worse, next week it will be the return of wall to wall football.

Oh and if nothing else the Mail does provide an antidote to BBC bias, but then I do have an axe to grind - the newspaper did save my wife's life.

V

I was a newsagent for 35 years,so I could read all of the papers free all of the time!!The Mail was not the worst..I used to read the Daily Worker just to see the other side. Eddie Shah tried to start up but was up against the big boys,no chance..I can assure you Tall Stories bounced off the front page of every paper..but!!!The Mail was the worst for passing on any percentage price rise to us retailers..

Archived