Battery warranty

tomag

Hi All

Can you please tell me if the two year Fiat warranty covers the engine battery as mine is only17 months old and is not holding its charge and as I brought it in Germany its a long way to go back to dealer thanks

8-) Battery and tyre warranty is covered by the supplier of those parts. It is a method whereby the vehicle manufacturer gets a better buying price. The supplier is the expert as to whether or not there is a fault. It will be detaied in the vehicle handbook warranty statement. A UK battery agent for the battery will be able to explain the procedure. As with UK consumer law the continental dealer has a responsibility. ;-)

Have you tried taking the van to a UK Fiat commercial dealer?  The two year Fiat warranty is valid in UK from the date the vehicle was first registered.  Try ringing Fiat commercial UK and get through to the warranty department.  If you send them a copy of the registration document they transfer your vehicle to the Uk warranty database, otherwise when the UK dealers check the VIN it doesn't appear.  However, if they search for it as a "visitor" they will find it.  If the battery is covered under warranty and the warranty is still valid, Fiat should replace it.  However, as above, check what the warranty document says about such items.  It is possible the warranty on the battery is only 12 months.

• 4 weeks later...
Have you had a look at the battery itself? Our leisure battery, bought last year, 'expired' not long ago and was under a 2 or 3 year warranty the its manufacturer - I can't remember exactly as it was swapped without question by the dealer we bought it from.

Archived