Ford Carado T134

kelly58

Are there any Carado T134 owners out there or Ford Transit 2.2 110 based Motorhomes that can offer any feedback on Motorhome /  Transit Base Vehicle ie build quality / vehicle handling / mpg points good or bad as we have only had Peugot / Fiat  X250 base motorhomes.

The size of vehicle and fixed bed / large garage layout seems as if this could be what we are looking for as stated in my former posting under " Which Motorhome "

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=20283&start=1

Hi Kelly

Potential downside is the importing dealer.

The Carado T134 is manufactured by the Hymer group, as a budget range.

Other alternatives on the Ford - Chausson Flash 04 (as Mel B)

or Sunlight T57 (Dethleffs) Dealer = Lowdams Nottingham, amongst others

kelly58 - 2010-08-19 8:37 AM

Do's that mean that the habitation check can only be done at a Hymer Dealers the main one being at Newark ?

As Brownhills is the sole UK agent for Carado (based on the Carado website information), then the answer to your question is almost certainly "Yes" (unless you have the necessary checks done at a Continental Carado dealership, of course).

If you are seriously considering buying a new Carado via Brownhills, I strongly advise you to obtain from them beforehand confirmation in writing regarding the terms and conditions of the Carado conversion and water-tightness warranties.

When Brownhills was the sole UK Hobby agent, their 'interpretation' of the Hobby warranties seemed to be at odds with Hobby's own literature. I'm not saying that Brownhills was wrong, just that what they told me seemed very peculiar indeed.

It seems to be the case that some UK dealers "buy out" the warranty risk in return for lower factory gate prices.  This can mean that in the absence of a UK importer, for whatever reason - but especially if the importer and the supplying dealer are one and the same - if the dealer goes bust you can kiss your warranty goodbye as well.  I would suggest you check very carefully who, actually, is providing any warranty offered.  Sale/Supply of Goods Acts etc will cover the dealer's general liability (so long as they continue trading), but as most vans now have a 5/6 year specific water ingress warranty, that element would be lost.

Archived