A/S transit sliding door

duetto owner

our duetto has a sliding door on the side, but by design [i think it is something A/S might have done] it does not fully slide open 100% there is a stopped on the internal side by a stopper so that the door only opens about just over half of what it could.

If I took this stopper off so i could get maximum opening would it cause any problems.

transit is 2009 RWD

Is it because you might have a window on that side as well? If you do and it was open, sliding the door open might smash the window. The original Adria Twin had that problem, I wonder how many people cursed that. Alternatively, although for the same reason, are there any access hatches for toilet or whatever, that could also be at risk from the sliding door? Mike.

David

The stops are fitted to all Auto-Sleepers sliding door motorcaravans this is to save an expensive accident should the toilet or gas compartment door be open.

You could smash the compartment door off and damage the sliding door.

IT is there for a purpose Be warned

Alf

Mike88 - 2010-08-19 7:38 PM

I don't know why the door does not open fully. Even when the door is half open the gas locker will be struck. The window that side is sliding and is in the door and will be unaffected. Ask Autosleepers.

Auto-Sleepers fit a restriscting door stop to stop the door fouling the locker doors also some modles have a door pocket for magazines or maps in the door upholstery if the door stop is removed this will foul the bodywork

Alf

We had a Duetto on the MK5 transit and the sliding door opened all the way.

We now have a Duetto on the MK7 Transit and the door does indeed only open half-way.

If you remove the stop, you will find out why this is so, as the door 'furniture' fouls the side of the van. It is possible to trim things, such as the blind catches so that the door opens a bit more, but you will find that the gas locker door gets in the way.

It was easy to adjust the door on the MK5 to give more of a gap, but the MK7 is not so easy.

Take the stop off and see for yourself, it's only two screws!

Archived