Overnight in Calais

Ralph

Last year , thanks to advice on this forum, I spent the night after getting off a late ferry in the Calais Ferry port. Just left the port, down to the roundabout and then back in again.

Planning on doing same again this year. Is it still OK? It would be nice to know before I sail :-S

When we first parked there we were a little worried if it was safe or not.

We have now done this several times and no need to worry, they still allow you to park up overnight. It has good lighting and I agree about the ferry noise.

Pelo

Manu - 2010-08-22 1:25 PM

Hi all....can anyone confirm directions to this area, as will be there next week on our outbound 12 week trip .

Thanks in advance.

Leave the port as usual. When you get to the big roundabout go right round and head back in (sp for embarkation)

Then you park in the car park used for people waiting to go/book etc.

See http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=7126&start=31&posts=55 and look for the map posted by "Slim" 30 May 2007 12:36 PM

Hi,

Stayed there last night, no problems except only just managed to find a space. But notice that barriers and ticket machines are being installed, starting from terminal building. Not clear how much of car park will be charged but if only half then space on remainder will be at a premium in high season; so this may not be a stop over for much longer.

Archived