Most annoying TV advert

Bulletguy

Any of those "no win no fee" parasitic lawyer adverts, where, for example, the idiot girl trips over some pallet strapping that's in full view, simply because she's wearing stupid high heels, then proceeds to sue her own Company for 17 gazillion pounds because she chipped a fingernail, because of her own stupidity.

There should be a followup showing her being really surprised when she's thrown out of her job 3 months later because her Company has gone bankrupt.....

Agree with Bruce completely (remember the "They gave me the wrong ladder!!")

My choice would also include any of the car insurance adverts.  "Oh YES" . . . . that 'Go Compare' singing prat and the Direct line whizzing red objects.

. . . and who could forget the 'AXA over 50 plan' where you save for your funeral . . . next time it's on read the small print at the bottom of the screen to see what a bargain it isn't.

W2G

The worst one on at the moment is the grey haired guy preparing for an interview and his daughter presents him with a bottle of hair dye. Next shot is after the interview and his line is "looks like I'll be needing more ties". Really bad ham acting, poorly dubbed and a lame story line anyway.

D.

Way2Go - 2010-08-22 7:57 AM

Agree with Bruce completely (remember the "They gave me the wrong ladder!!")

"Oh YES" . . . . that 'Go Compare' singing prat.....

LOL....."they gave me the wrong ladder" (but he still used it). *-) What a plonker!!

The Go Compare prat appears in one ad where some women are singing in a hall and I must admit the woman standing at the front who says "ooooh yessss". I find her a real turn on....sophisticated sex on legs. (lol) (lol)

"Ye buy one, ye get one free" Double Glazing

If he lived next to me, he would be buying new windows every week >:-(

Another has to be Cillit Bang,

I would not buy that product, even if there were no others available.

Advertising works, - NOT for these two, they don't.

flicka - 2010-08-22 10:41 PM

I would......and do.

Just happens to be the ONLY cleaner which actually does WORK on successfully cleaning the plain glass panel doors to my shower. Spent a small fortune on so called shower cleaners but the only one that worked was Cillit Bang.

Bulletguy - 2010-08-23 3:01 AM

flicka - 2010-08-22 10:41 PM

I would......and do.

Just happens to be the ONLY cleaner which actually does WORK on successfully cleaning the plain glass panel doors to my shower. Spent a small fortune on so called shower cleaners but the only one that worked was Cillit Bang.

Be very careful with Cillit Bang, I used it on our stainless steel cooker splashback and now am left with all the stain marks that it has left. I am still trying to find some way of removing these other than buy a new plashback

LordThornber - 2010-08-23 10:33 AM

Sylvia/Martin, you probably know this already, but have you tried baby oil on the stainless steel? I believe it works very well unless it's yet another urban myth.

Martyn

Hi Martin, we use Baby Oil quite a lot!!!!! after cleaning our stainless steel, but I think that I left the Cillit Bang on too long before wiping it off. The splashback had quite a lot of grease spots on it so had to clean it first.

Last week I bought an item of clothing from M&S that beats all the cranky adverts. I say that my purchase is impossible to use by the way they're made!

I will present you all with the offending puzzle this afternoon, I'll not give a clue at this stage as the actions required to operate the said article needs very carefully describing. The heading will be VERY CATCHING !!

Its possible even Brian with his many years of experience will be dumbfounded.

Watch this space. Make a note of 'Keyhole'

art

Agree with Bruce and W2G.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not be fooled by the TV ads for Funeral plans trolled out by C category "celebs" AND don't let your elderly friends or relatives be fooled either!

As W2G says - the small print is horrendous and it usually takes about five years worth of premiums for the damn thing to have any value at all!

They have to sell the crappy things to the gullible via TV adds because the slimy things are so awful no professional independent adviser would touch them with a barge pole.

If you want good advice on things like Funeral Plans, Equity Release (the Equity release plans advertised on TV are awful) etc. then contact a charity like Help the Aged or Age Concern.

These charities have experts who assess the plans and they also select a panel of IFA's who are competent and well qualified in giving advice.

In my view these adverts for financial products aimed at the elderly should be banned - they are expensive, poorly designed and sold for the benefit of the provider certainly not for the benefit of the poor mugs who buy the things.

There are reasonable plans out there, but they get recommended by those that know.

Only the dodgy ones have to be flogged direct via TV advertising to an unsuspecting public.

I find that, even if I avoid the adverts by watching the BBC, I have to endure the voice of the 'linker' between the programmes.

She sounds like she smokes 80 fags a day and can't finish a sentence without losing half the words.

Is that supposed to be sexy or something?

I've written to the BBC but haven't received a reply...

Sorry Janine, not thinking. Assumed a woman as beautiful as you must have been snapped up pretty damn quick.

Grovell.....grovell. :D

Bulletguy - 2010-08-23 3:01 AM

I would......and do.

Randonneur - 2010-08-23 8:36 AM

Be very careful with Cillit Bang, I used it on our stainless steel cooker splashback and now am left with all the stain marks that it has left. I am still trying to find some way of removing these other than buy a new plashback

There are different types some of which contain acid based chemicals but there is a clear warning on the back of each variety as to the suitability of use.

If in ANY doubt you wont go wrong with the degreaser. That has no acid based chemical in at all and I think that would have been your best choice to use.

I took no notice of the TV ads....I knew it had been advertised but that didn't influence me to try it. I was just literally at the end of my tether after trying so many other cleaners which proved to be useless.

Archived