6 berth, 6 belt, sep shower - can you add to my list?

Pickle Pot

I've just spent most of today trying to finalise my list of possible MHs. The only rear lounge/double dinette vans that seem to have both a seperate shower cubicle in the bathroom and six full seatbelts (and are not tag axle) are

Swift escape 686

Elddis 180/Compass 180

CI Carioca 746

Rollerteam 600

Rimor Superbrigg

Ace Firenze

Euromobil Terrestra 690HS

Lunar Champ 670R

Benimar Europe 6000ST

Dethleffs A6971

Can anyone add any more? Bearing in mind my budget is 25-35k...

And I think I'm right in saying that Swift Kontiki/Autotrail Scout/Autotrail Apache/Bessacarr E495 and E795 all only have four seatbelts in total - am I wrong?

Gah! Logged in this morning to say I think I posted that too late last night for my brain to think. The Swift Escape and Eldiss 180 are also out, mostly because they have no separate shower, but also because of the crazy-daft 40l fresh water tank on the 180.

So my list should read just

CI Carioca 746

Rollerteam 600

Rimor Superbrigg

Ace Firenze

Euromobil Terrestra 690HS

Lunar Champ 670R

Benimar Europe 6000ST

Dethleffs A6971

Surely I'm not really fishing in such a small pool ...?!

JudgeMental - 2010-08-22 11:50 AM

The Euramobil terrestra range are beautiful vans and light years ahead of some if not all on your list ;-)

Yes, they'd be a def front runner - though it would have to be a few years old .... But they're like the proverbial hen's teeth to get hold of! Not helped by the fact that Brownhills seem to be one of the stockists, and I'd prefer not to go anywhere near them if I can help it.

Hi Pickle Pot

Some of the Autotrails had a factory option of a front dinette instead of the Side Sofa. So it will be a question of viewing each van to see what is fitted.

I don't know the full spec for the dinette option, so like many others, it may be the rear facing seats are only lapbelts.

Also add Hymer Camp C644/642 (depending on year, but some have Rear longe& others have transverse rear bed over garage)

Overall length cm 699

Overall width cm 227

Internal width cm 212

Overall height cm 295

Engine 2.8i Litre Diesel

Mass in running order 3020kg

Maximum permitted mass 3500kg

Passengers 6

Berths 6

flicka - 2010-08-22 12:14 PM

Hi Pickle Pot

Some of the Autotrails had a factory option of a front dinette instead of the Side Sofa. So it will be a question of viewing each van to see what is fitted.

I don't know the full spec for the dinette option, so like many others, it may be the rear facing seats are only lapbelts.

Thanks Flicka - I did have my heart set on an AutoTrail Apache 700 SE for quite a long while, but have now been told repeatedly that the second hand models have only the two rear seatbelts because there's no head rest behind the rear facing dinette seats - it's possible to retrofit lap belts, but probably not a very safety conscious move. I think the new Autotrail Scouts are remedying this but they're well out of my price range :-(

Will add the Hymer to my list ...

Guest JudgeMental
Pickle Pot - 2010-08-22 12:09 PM

JudgeMental - 2010-08-22 11:50 AM

The Euramobil terrestra range are beautiful vans and light years ahead of some if not all on your list ;-)

Yes, they'd be a def front runner - though it would have to be a few years old .... But they're like the proverbial hen's teeth to get hold of! Not helped by the fact that Brownhills seem to be one of the stockists, and I'd prefer not to go anywhere near them if I can help it.

Brownhills lost the Euramobil dealership a while ago! If you want one, loads available in Germany/Belgium at better prices

JudgeMental - 2010-08-22 12:40 PM

Brownhills lost the Euramobil dealership a while ago! If you want one, loads available in Germany/Belgium at better prices

Told you I was on a mental go slow this weekend :$ - yes, my nearest dealer is Oak Tree, who are not too far away at an hour's drive.

I've just spotted there's the Dethleffs in stock at Lazydays, over budget and a couple of hours drive from here ... hmmm

Hi Pickle Pot

If some customers specified the dinette option they will come onto the Used market at some time (i.e. they won't be converted back to the side sofa) so it is more a question of keeping a check.

Alternatively you could contact Autotrail asking if the dinette option can be retro fitted. Autotrail have a repair workshop at their Grimsby factory, that has received good reports on this forum.

see

http://www.auto-trail.co.uk/contact.htm

flicka - 2010-08-22 12:14 PM

Hi Pickle Pot

Also add Hymer Camp C644/642 (depending on year, but some have Rear longe& others have transverse rear bed over garage)

Overall length cm 699

Overall width cm 227

Internal width cm 212

Overall height cm 295

Engine 2.8i Litre Diesel

Mass in running order 3020kg

Maximum permitted mass 3500kg

Passengers 6

Berths 6

you'll not get very far with that weight allowance tho

*-)

JohnsCrossMotorHomes - 2010-08-22 7:30 PM

I have a Hobby Siesta T600 in stock for immediate delivery, ticks all the boxes but a bit over budget

Peter

Oh Peter, that made me snort out loud when I realised what your definition of "a bit over budget" is (lol) (lol) Flippin lovely van though - I really wish I hadn't seen it - and on the Ford chassis that I secretly would love. Do let me know if you get something similar - that's not half as much again as I want to pay :-D

Archived