Fridge / battery loading

tonyg3nwl

Hi Again. I am still on the trail of possible battery failure, but have now concluded that the fridge is nothing to do with the original problem

Yesterday I carried out a series of discharge measurements/tests over a six hour period by turning on all interior lights and measureing volts/amps at hourly intervals. After the 7 hour the internal lights were off and control panel showed battery low/ sysstm lockout.

Terminal voltage measured at battery terminals, still showed 12.2 volts, so I thought about it overnight and investigated again today. The panel reset ok and lights again worked, battery volts 12.2 on load, panel indicated battery 90 %, this after overnight rest with no charger.

While fiddling with wires around battery area, The control box clicked several times, and led me to think dodgy contact somewhere. I am hoping that by changing the push connectors on the fuse providing the sensing voltage, that the problem has been resolved. I cannot reproduce the intermittent symptoms again yet. Panel now indicates 90%, voltage 12.2, and lights functional. Charger now switched back on to fully charge up ready to run another soak test.

watch this space

tonyg3nwl

Hi once again.

Yesterdays further tests for a 6 hour test from full charge with all lights on, the Panel still showed 100% at a voltage of 13.5 volts.

Does this mean that I have finally cracked the problem ????

Replacing the crimpon connectors on the voltage sensing fuse, has stopped the intermittent readings, and the battery capacity hasnt dropped yet... so maybe a new battery is not required after all ... Fingers crossed.

tonyg3nwl

Archived