Diesel Prices Calais

catinou

Hi all, we are off tomorrow for 3 weeks - 1st stop, fill up with diesel in France. I have to admit we usually head to Auchan Dunkirk or St Martin-Boulogne (great coin operated washer available for the clean up just before heading back home ;-) ) BUT

I have just checked the French Government fuel watch site - not sure how up to date it is but the best price quoted is Leader Price in Calais (62100) which is apparently selling diesel at 0.989 euros per litre.! Reckon that's about 85p (based on the last euro cash we bought last week at 1.1888 exchange rate). Can anybody confirm this price if they have been in Calais during the last few days please?? B-)

St M/Boulogne is listed at 1.107 euros per litre and as we have a 120 litre tank it could make a nice little saving this time out.... ;-)

Guest JudgeMental

On Saturday, large supermarket in Dunkirk (not Auchen but cant remember the name) 1.10 euro a litre whereas on autoroute it was 1.30 *-)

depending on which way you are heading, prices in Luxembourg are just under 90 cents :-D

Thanks Eddie - we were calculating on 1.10 euros as probably the cheapest but think we will check out Leader Price before heading off to St Martin-Boulogne, it is only a couple of roundabouts away from the A16 route we will be taking and would give us a good start to our holidays if site is up to date - hoping it is as it is a government site after all *-)

We will post our findings when we get back......

Guest JudgeMental
we have all the supermarkets in our sat nav POI, and just select nearest ones on route for fuel. while there may be small differences between them, they will all be far cheaper then the auto route

catinou - 2010-08-25 12:13 PM

I have just checked the French Government fuel watch site - not sure how up to date it is but the best price quoted is Leader Price in Calais (62100) which is apparently selling diesel at 0.989 euros per litre.! Reckon that's about 85p (based on the last euro cash we bought last week at 1.1888 exchange rate). Can anybody confirm this price if they have been in Calais during the last few days please?? B-)

St M/Boulogne is listed at 1.107 euros per litre and as we have a 120 litre tank it could make a nice little saving this time out.... ;-)

If you look carefully at the column last updated you will see that the Leader price price was last updated last year!! (http://www.prix-carburants.gouv.fr/ )

As long as you look and check the updated column is only a few days old then it is an accurate site.

catinou - 2010-08-25 12:13 PM

If you look carefully at the coluym last updated you will see that the Leader price price was last updated last year!!

As long as you look and check the updated column is only a few days old then it is an accurate site.

Many thanks to all - I missed the date column off my printout somehow :$ *-) - still, as you say 1.10 euros is always a good bet!!

If I don't drown on the way home I am off now to finish packing the 'van, ready for tomorrow.... B-)

catinou - 2010-08-25 11:13 AM

Hi all, we are off tomorrow for 3 weeks - 1st stop, fill up with diesel in France. I have to admit we usually head to Auchan Dunkirk....

If you usually head up as far as Dunkirk then you would be much better off driving just a few more miles to cross the border into Belgium where diesel prices are generally cheaper than France. The actual border is at Adinkerke which is no more than 10 mins from Dunkirk and there is a Garage there.

If you are 'tanking up' then it's worth it even if a few miles off route.

We're down South of Clairmont Ferrand at this moment. Diesel has been anywhere between €1.089 and €1.29 enroute West to Brittany then South via the Loier valley, the Dordogne and East to where we are now. that's during the past two weeks.

Keep enough in your tank to give yourself time to 'shop around' the supermarkets. As in the UK keep away from the Autoroute service stations and the little rural filling stations.

Bulletguy - 2010-08-25 4:35 PM

If you usually head up as far as Dunkirk then you would be much better off driving just a few more miles to cross the border into Belgium where diesel prices are generally cheaper than France. The actual border is at Adinkerke which is no more than 10 mins from Dunkirk and there is a Garage there.

If you are 'tanking up' then it's worth it even if a few miles off route.

Not any more big tax rises earlier in the year Belgium prices now the same or higher than France.

Archived