help needed with fridge

snail

Hi, on hols in france at mo, thetford norcold manual fuel selection fridge,won't get cold in fridge part but freezer still freezes, this happens on gas and 240v, on gas burner working normally, but still not getting cold, on 240 at the moment and evaporator getting hot all way up that i can feel with external grills removed, all other gas/electrical systems working ok, could it be a thermostat fault? looking for a common denominator here? currently located at brother in laws house near Loches, nice to have a bolt hole! went to a Burstner dealer near Caen and basically not interested in even looking at it, told me to go home and buy a new fridge! van only 3years old, not much of a life for a fridge is it? was working fine at the malvern show last week, any tips would be welcome, thanks brian

We sometimes find we've let the catch at the bottom go right in, allowing the cold air to run out the bottom of the fridge. It is, of course designed to keep the fridge aired when in storage.

Sorry if this seems obvious, but we think we're sensible people and it happens to us!

rosiedog - 2010-08-25 12:15 PM

went to a Burstner dealer near Caen and basically not interested in even looking at it, told me to go home and buy a new fridge! van only 3years old, not much of a life for a fridge is it? was working fine at the malvern show last week, any tips would be welcome, thanks brian

Nice to know it's not just some British Dealers that can be unhelpful, then :-S

Archived