Does anyone Know ?

Rayjsj

The make of the Alloy Wheels that Autocruise used upto the Introduction of the X250 (they changed for those models) ?

I am picking up a 55 plate Autocruise Starburst/Starlet 2 (a Marquis special) soon, only it doesn't have the Alloy Wheels, that seem to be standard on later models. My wife thinks that they 'Set it off' nicely and wants ours to 'look like that' (see test in MMM in May 2006).

I have checked E-Bay and the folk who advertise in MMM, and the 'Rimfire' look to be the correct ones, but would be glad of a confirmation. I know it's just a bit of 'Bling' but it helps on saving a bit of weight too, that's what I keep telling myself. Thanks Ray B-)

Randonneur - 2010-08-26 12:06 PM

Why don't you just buy a nice set of wheel trims, £35 so would cost you a lot less than 5 new alloys. We bought some from a place at Hull that fit our Fiat and they certainly make a difference to the look.

Rays' wife wants wheels, so he has no alternative.

;-)

malc d - 2010-08-26 12:30 PM

Randonneur - 2010-08-26 12:06 PM

Why don't you just buy a nice set of wheel trims, £35 so would cost you a lot less than 5 new alloys. We bought some from a place at Hull that fit our Fiat and they certainly make a difference to the look.

Rays' wife wants wheels, so he has no alternative.

;-)

Then he only needs to buy two for her.....

Hi Ray

(with tongue firmly in cheek)

Dun know why, it's only other people who get the benefit of their looks.

Wife can't see them when travelling & (if anything like mine) she is sat with her back to the Van when outside on site :D :D :D :D :D

Dave Newell - 2010-08-26 6:11 PM

Also worth bearing in mind that the tyres will be at least four years old on a 2006 registered model so worth replacing them at the same time. That's another £500 plus to add to the cost of the wheels.

D.

Groan ! this is begining to look expensive ! still no Ideas ? Ray

an empty wallet means more load capacity......Stay positive.

Archived