Tolls to the South of France

tonyfletcher

Guest JudgeMental

its going to be expensive, doubly so as you are towing....are you in a rush? have limited time?

I would use the free sections and cheaper toll sections plus the N roads

http://www.totalfrance.com/france/forum/viewtopic.php?t=68621

I would hazard a guess at £300 return? possibly more. but you can work it out from links on thread I posted above.........

For a Class2 Boulogne to Abbeville €11.30, Rouen towards Everux €2.90,

North of Orleans to south (Olivet) €4.90. (last week prices)

This route is fairly quick bad bits are final km into Rouen and then getting out and the stretch from the end of the dual carriageway round Everux to leaving Dreux and Chatres.

Getting back on the old N road Sof Orleans is OK with some good stops (overnight) and then at Vierzon you can pay down to Clermont and then free to Millau or go free towards Toulouse until just south of Brive la Galliard. Depends where you are heading ultimately. Bon voyage

LordThornber - 2010-08-26 5:02 PM

Calais to Souillac return cost us about £170 I think for our van 4 wks ago if this helps.

Are we class 2? I don't take any notice of these things, just stop the van at the Peage.

No offence intended but no lectures please, it's our money/time/choice.

Martyn

The Much Better Half has just let me know it was more like £160 and yes we're Class 2.

Martyn

Guest JudgeMental
rolandrat - 2010-08-26 7:08 PM

Judgemental, you are about right at approx £300, thats what we paid once when we needed to make good time going south.

do you tow something? as this makes a lot of difference I think...... :-S

Guest JudgeMental

not sure if this is right but I put in towing so 3 axles? I think:-S (minibus as no motorhome choice) calais to antibes....about 300 euro return

To : Antibes Antibes (06, France)

Itinerary : Express Vehicle : Minibus

3 axle

Distance : 1221.6 km On motorway : 1211.0 km

Duration (1) : 13H30

Fuel : 105.0 GBP (105 l)

Tolls (2) :

FRA : 147.80 EUR

• 3 weeks later...
ian81 - 2010-08-26 2:20 PM

For a Class2 Boulogne to Abbeville €11.30, Rouen towards Everux €2.90,

North of Orleans to south (Olivet) €4.90. (last week prices)

This route is fairly quick bad bits are final km into Rouen and then getting out and the stretch from the end of the dual carriageway round Everux to leaving Dreux and Chatres.

Getting back on the old N road Sof Orleans is OK with some good stops (overnight) and then at Vierzon you can pay down to Clermont and then free to Millau or go free towards Toulouse until just south of Brive la Galliard. Depends where you are heading ultimately. Bon voyage

We did this exact route for our holiday (back yesterday)... Have now noted down the best fuel stops etc. on the road atlas - we were nearly running on fumes at one point as hubby wanted to go to LeClerc just North of Dreux for fuel at 1.095 euros per litre. (I know it sounds penny pinching but when we fill up the new tank - 120 litres - it makes a difference, especially to motorway prices of up to 1.29 per litre. We were towing, our Smart on an A Frame, and were class 2. When we finally got to the pumps at Le Clerc we had clocked up 586 miles since the last fill up near Beziers, S. France, so well pleased with mpg return. ;-) Of course, you may be "lucky" and find there is a French transport strike and the toll roads are free anyway (as on our trip in July) *-)

Archived