Pet Passport cost

Corky 8

Hiya,

Ive done the search but no luck, So can anyone please tell me if £140 + is about the right price for a vet to charge to get a pets passport done and six months to complete all being well ?  I have  e mailed Defra for more info but they can take up to 11 working days to answer, Thanks   Dennis

peter - 2010-08-26 9:17 PM Just hope the injection takes first time. Ours didn't and we had to pay twice. :'(
 I hope it never comes to that Peter, but the Vet did mention it too thats why I said £140 +, when the Vet Quotes me what I think is a ridiculous price for some treatment I always say ....and how much is it to have him put down, always get a cough and a reduction ,hope they never call my bluff.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Corky

I don't think that's a bad price, we paid around £130 for one of ours who was done a year ago.

Don't be worried about ring round other vets for a price but make sure you know exactly what is included (injection, blood test, passport) as some charge separately, and some do a job lot price. There's no requirement on you to use your own vet for this at all.

As an aside, we've just come back from France and found a good vet at Eu, just inland from Le Treport on the Cote Picarde (about 25 km south-west of the Baie de Somme), it cost us 30 euros to get our 2 dogs checked by the vet - we had our own flea/tick treatment and worming tablets so it was a matter of a health check and completion of the paperwork. The vet's details are:

CABINET VETERINAIRE (Gwenaëlle AMYOT-GRARDEL)

35 Boulevard Thiers

Eu

Tél. 02 35 86 04 04

They are located on the main road and have a large car park so no problem parking the motorhome, and if it's full, there's another large car park round the corner. We spotted them on our way back up and popped in, at 10.10 am, they couldn't see us straight away, but fitted us in at 11.45 am. The receptionist speaks a little English, but the vet is more fluent.

Being a bit lower down than our usual vet it means we don't have to kick our heels so much around the Calais area (we usually go to Ardres near Guines) and as a bonus the Eu vet was quite a bit cheaper! We will certainly be going again.

Guest Tracker
nowtelse2do - 2010-09-07 9:35 PM
peter - 2010-08-26 9:17 PM Just hope the injection takes first time. Ours didn't and we had to pay twice. :'(

Blimey Peter, I hope you are now fully recovered :-D

Dave

By the look of his photo Peter's still feeling a bit ruff - or is he justl barking mad at the tail of having to pay twice - or just barking mad anyway?

Guest Tracker
nowtelse2do - 2010-09-08 5:12 PM

Rich, I think it should be 'woof'.

I don't think he's fully recovered, he's wearing that shirt again.

Wonder how old it is. :-D

Dave

Dunno Dave - it looks like a government surplus ex navy issue shirt -from Nelson's day!Unlike my epitome of sartorial elegance from Matalan for the princely sum of £9.99 - but at least the bogof made the cost bearable!

Guest Tracker

I might be getting older Dave but I do know where me shirts come from!

You're right of course - best avoid the bits where the blue shirt boys live!

Shouldn't be too long before we discover how good his sense of humour is?

Guest Tracker
nowtelse2do - 2010-09-09 9:35 AM

He must have a sense of humour, he keeps putting his photo up! :-D

Dave

Which is more than you do - come on Dave - put yer favourite shirt on and join the rest of the old farts brigade - I could do with a good larf!

Rich, no matter how I try I can't seem to be able to post a photo on the forum. Yes I have a photo of 'mi shirt' during my disco days but it would probably be banned if made public due to the health & safety rules that Warner's may have to comply with eg, members dying with laughter, choking on the breakfast cereal, but worst of all Jannie throwing herself of Bridgewater Castle. Believe me, it's sheer hell here when the O/H gets the albums out.

It would be a good thread to start if members could bring themselves to post a picture of the most embarrassing dress photo of their past. I think I have more than the average so that shows how bloody daft I was. :-D

Dave  

Archived