Marquis Dealerships

kelly58

I have bought New from Marquis at Lower Upham branch and if you are persistant and polite with requests for warranty work to be done then all will be ok. The workshop guys are quite helpfull at this branch and I have been happy with their work. I bought an autosleeper motorhome and maybee because A-S own Marquis my warranty work was authorised fairly quickly, well usually within a couple of weeks.

I say authorised because each problem required 2 trips to the dealer, one to get the fault verified, then after a couple of weeks, a second trip to get the work done.

WHY Marquis (being owned by A-S) cannot just get on with the work having satisfied themselves that it is a warranty defect is beyond me. I guess the the new British owners do not have confidence in their employees at Marquis.

Warranty on other makes, I have no experience, so sorry I cannot comment.

I know that it is an old cherry BUT please be carefull if you choose a Sevel based motorhome.

The branch manager told me to expect up to 7/8 faults to occur on a new van, and I was not dissapointed. But at least he was honest and I knew what to expect

Well good hunting and enjoy the process.

Regards Mike

Ive had 5 new motorhomes from Marquis Poole over the years , and when ive had any problems ive just gone up to the dealership and more often than not its been sorted there and then or ASAP, the staff both sales and service are the most friendly and helpfull people you could ever meet , so in answer to your question yes go to marquis , ive had both fiats and Peugeot vans and have had very few problems with any of them . The sevel based van in my opinion is equal to any other van out there regardless of the badge on the grill . ;-)

I've had an excellent response in terms of the purchase (from Poole)although their service department in Plymouth when fitting a second battery left off the seat swivel and then fitted it incorrectly necessitating a couple of unnecessary visits.

While waiting for this work to be done I observed that they were very supportive of customers wanting work done under warranty and heard the Service Manager battle with the manufacturer who seemed less than keen for work to be covered by warranty.

Guest pelmetman
My father in law bought our van from Marquis 20 years ago, it was not without faults (nothing changes 8-) ) but they did sort them :-)

Guest Tracker

We have had dealings with Marquis Plymouth, Ipswich and Tewksbury over many years and have found them all to give us good service.

More seems to depend on the individual branch or service manager at the time and their approach to customer care rather than the actual branch involved.

We have found that the company's philosophy towards customer care in our experience has always made them one of the better dealers.

As ever so much depends on the customer attitude and a friendly request will often ellicit a better response than an angry demand - after all these people are also only human?

Tracker - 2010-08-30 1:44 PM

As ever so much depends on the customer attitude and a friendly request will often ellicit a better response than an angry demand - after all these people are also only human?

Entirely agree with Tracker, I always treat the staff politely and get a similar response.

Admittedly I sometimes give the fitter/foreman a drink in appreciation of a job well done. I believe that building up a good relationship helps everyone because it is people that matter more than the Company itself.

Mike

Guest Tracker
kelly58 - 2010-08-31 2:58 PM

Thanks for your response we made a visit yesterday to Marquis nr Ipswich very nice people and have provisionaly placed an order for a new Auto-Sleeper Nuevo II EK.

If Stuart Dabbs is still in charge there he will look after you I'm sure - please give him our best wishes as he worked very hard to secure the deal when we bought our Starlet II in November 2008! Not that I'm a difficult bugger to sell to - much!

Good luck with the Nuevo - great van - well proven layout - hope it don't judder!

Archived