Punta Sabbiomi / Venice

aj8one

Hi we have stayed at Camping Miramar which is located close to the boat terminal at Punto Sabioni, a very nice site reasonably priced and excellent for travelling into Venice by boat.

The ferries run 24hrs a day although get less frequent after midnight but you will not get stranded, just get hold of the timetable. You can purchase single or return trip tickets but the best value are 24hr,48hr etc tickets. You can also use these tickets to travel up the canals and around Venice when you get there.

A good tip is to buy your ticket in advance then you just turn up at the ferry terminal and walk onto the waiting platform. It can get quite busy at peak times as the locals use the ferries for work and there can be a queue for tickets. The trip takes from memory approx 50 mins and is very enjoyable.

Hope this helps

Jenko

You can park nearer to Venice itself if you go onto it and park on the official aire at Troncetto Car Park. It is 2 minute walk to the water bus terminus and is secure, has water, wate disposal and hook up, though that's only about 3 amps so will just about run the fridge! It works out about 30 Euros a day but you are in Venice so we thought it worth it.

From what I can remember there is carparking near the ferry and some under shaded cover but it was pay and very busy not ideal for a motorhome. I am pretty sure there are no Aires. You do not say where you are staying ? If staying locally in your motorhome you would be better catching a bus to the ferry.

Jenko

aj8one - 2010-08-30 5:50 AM

thanks for that

do you know if there is parking / aire near bye

I stayed at Miramar last summer. IIRC, there was a private aire very close to the camping towards the ferry terminal. I was solo, so the price difference was only a couple of Euros less than Miramar. For 2 people, the difference would be greater.

This looks like it might be what I saw:

http://campingcar-infos.com/Francais/aire.php?numid=2251&Localit%E9=%28Veneto%29%20VENEZIA%20-%20CAVALLINO%20TREPORTI%20&Pays=ITALIE

I believe I also saw a few spots along the road between Miramar & the ferry that were set aside for MH parking, with signs specifying the things you couldn't do (no windows out, chairs, awnings, etc.). Most of the other parking spots were marked for cars only.

Archived