The Fiat judder question - again!

Phoebesky

Mike 88, this is just the sort of exaggerated post I have always objected to. Numerous people have not complained on here and MHF about the 3ltr Fiat, it is a small handfull. Some are OK and some not, they all have the same gearbox and transmission system so if most are OK why the few who are having a problem, form your own conclusions here. As for 'Moyne' did anyone take him seriously, the person who was going to get together a convoy and it did not happen, well what a surprise that was. Probably the same person who was going to get together the demonstration at the last half dozen NEC shows.

rupert123 - 2010-09-01 9:54 AM

Mike 88, this is just the sort of exaggerated post I have always objected to. Numerous people have not complained on here and MHF about the 3ltr Fiat, it is a small handfull. Some are OK and some not, they all have the same gearbox and transmission system so if most are OK why the few who are having a problem, form your own conclusions here. As for 'Moyne' did anyone take him seriously, the person who was going to get together a convoy and it did not happen, well what a surprise that was. Probably the same person who was going to get together the demonstration at the last half dozen NEC shows.

Rupert. I'm sorry you objected to my post believing it exaggerated the problem.

You will know that there have been thousands of posts on various forums about judder and that most of the problems have been resolved except for those experienced by SOME 3 litre manual gearbox owners.

I do not think I have exaggerated the problem and note that you believe its a small handful. I disagree.

On MHF here is a selection of those who have experienced judder and clutch problems on the 3 litre manual:

PhilK, Erneboy, Welted, Jack01, Skimbo, Pricey 007, Exustrek, Dayo, Bigfoot, Regal, Monkton, Patron, Wobby, Scept1c and Petepub.

This list is not exhaustive as it would take many hours to go through all complaints about judder. The search facility on MMM is not that effective but I am sure there are several 3 litre judderers on here including KD1.

It was Petepub on MHF who started the convoy issue (not Moyne) as you state and there was also somebody on here who took it up. These posts can probaly be found within the thousands on the various Fiat threads on here and elsewhere. I believe a thread or threads have also been pulled by MMM.

Andy Stothert has also commented on here about the 3 litre owners being abandoned and euroserve has confirmed that there is no fix for the 3 litre manual.

I do not believe my post exaggerated the position and that my use of the word "numerous" is justified.

As I pointed out in my previous post I was merely drawing the poster's attention to the fact that there was no fix available for the 3 litre manual but you seem to have taken the discussion to a completely different level.

It's all getting a bit tedious again, this subject. There are the 'Deny-ers' who think the whole thing was a storm in a tea-cup, and then there are the folk who have had their fingers burnt with a faulty van. (including Andy Stothert, if it hadn't been for him, nothing, i'm sure, would have been done at all) .

Can anyone tell me (from either camp ?) why o why did Fiat put in such a stupidly high reverse gear in the first place ?? I understand why they didn't try to fix it until they were 'Kicked', that's down to pure cost, and there probably isn't enough 3 litre manual owners 'out there' for the bad publicity to hurt much. So their 'kicks' don't hurt.

To me though, the very fact that Folk had to resort to the lengths that they did,(in the early days) to get their vans fixed, means that I wont be buying a Sevel made X250, new or used. Lets hope that the X260 or whatever they call it is a better vehicle mechanically. I know that when they (X250's) are good they are very,very good, BUT when they are bad they are Awful ! Ray

Hello RogP

Well that's an interesting, and different perspective on the Apache. Thank you for telling me. When we got our first motorhome last year I didn't think bathroom space was important. Couldn't understand why anybody would buy an Autotrail Mohican with that enormous rear bathroom (what a waste of space I thought) but have now changed my mind. Instead I think 'what a waste of space' to have a fixed rear bed.

I'd love to find the perfect MH, but seems it doesn't exist. It would be 'A' class on a Merc, rear lounge, drop down overcab bed, spacious bathroom, big fridge/freezer, lots of cupboards (I have absolutely nowhere to put fresh vegetables), lots of fold-out preparation space in the kitchen, about 7m length.....ah well, dream on.

Thanks for your helpful input.

Archived