Camping Monaco/San Remo Area

Mickydripin

Hi has anybody found a decent campsite in this area that does not charge a fortune and then add on lots of extras we are thinking of going there for a month in October and would also like to know what the weather is like at that time of the year.

I know it is not cheap there but prices that we have been quoted for campsites that look like car parks or very poor grass areas are running in the reagon of 700 euro, plus electric at three amps for 1.60 a day or ten amps for 6euro maybe I am expecting too much

Can anyone do better thanks. Mike

Cant help with the site info but to get the ball rolling................

We go to "Nice" and or monte carlo quite regularily and have been a few times in mid november. The weather in nov has allways been very nice, you can expect around the 16-20oC possibly a little more. It will be t shirt weather but may be a bit nippy in the evenings if sat outside a bar. Last time we went in nov it was armistice (spellin) day and we watched the ceromony at nice memorial in beautifull weather was easily 24oC

Hope this helps.

PS-if going to the area for the 1st time then a trip to villefraunch is a must. As is a bus or train journey to Antibes great beach fab market and billionaires warfe if your into very very very big and expensive boats.

bazooka - 2010-08-31 9:14 PM

Cagnes-sur-mer asci book a lovely bike ride to nice 15 euroes check closing date'

Baz

Hi Baz

We used a campsite here that was called Camping Todos about three years ago, returned for one night last year only to find that it now has new owners and name and is now a static site only.

The previous owner was a very nice lady.

We arrived late and as a special treat they allowed us to stay overnight in their car park and charged us 15E for the pleasure

Hi,

Finding decent places at a reasonable cost any where round this region is not easy. To visit Nice, Monaco etc we use a campsite at Villeneuve-Loubert "Camping Le Parc Des Maurettes". It costs around 30Euros/night and like most sites has little going for it except it is an easy walk to the rail station where you can catch the coastal train to Nice, Monaco etc. This is the only reason we stay there.

Aires are few and far between round here but further west in the Varr there is an aire we use at St Maxime. From aire you can walk into town and catch either a boat or bus to St Tropez. Now this aire would not suit a lot of people, it is in effect a car park next to noisy road and McDoe's but we think it makes a decent base at 10 euros/night (better than the afore mentioned site) Services inc and free wi-fi from Mc Doe's.

If you are a member of the France Passion scheme then the F.P. site in Grasse "Espace Terriors" is a must to stay on. The owner is very friendly, lets you stay a couple of nights and the bus to Grasse stops outside the gate; train from Grasse to Cannes.

Hope this helps.

Hi Mike

We have not been to Italy before but are heading off Monday week. Planned route will include a couple of nights at the ACSI site no 1481 in cagnes sur mer, then a short hop to Aestri Levante, ACSI 1862, both shown in the book at €15 per night. lets know how you get on.

bob

Hi Bob we will not be going until the middle of October reaching that area around begining of November and then staying for a month if things go right so you will be there before us let us know how you get on, as for all the other info I have received it is all going in my little book thanks all

Mike.

There is an Italian Aire (Sosta) almost at the end of San Remo (French end) and it is next to as camp site whose name I do not recall (as they do not take dogs )!. We used it at the end of October last year and it cost 7 Euros a night. It is easy to find on left hand side of road heading out of town . It has water and dump facs and is right by the sea. A lovely new cycle track runs in to the harbour. A lot cheaper than the site from what I can remember.

handyman - 2010-09-03 5:25 PM

this is the page on my website for Monaco F1, but the campsite would still be in a perfect position for monaco/nice etc..................

http://craigthehandyman.co.uk/F1Monaco.aspx

with a bonus of 15% off all winter and power included up to 10A

Forgot to add that site also has free wifi at the reception area. It's good enough that we used it daily for Skype calls back home.

Archived