Electric Kettle/Jug

alistair

I'm looking at 1 litre electric kettles/jugs and wondered if anyone had experience with any particular brands. I see Russell Hobbs do a 1 litre travel jug with a 1kW element, and I have seen at caravan accessory shops similar capacity appliances of unheard-of brands at similar prices, one with a 1kW element and one with a 750W element. Storage space means we can't go larger than 1 litre. I presume 750 watts would be adequate to boil 1 litre of water in reasonable time at full voltage, but I wonder how it would fare if voltage was down a little as I imagine it could be, especially at some European sites and at the end of my 20 metre power lead.

I tend to lean towards a known brand like Russell Hobbs, but perhaps other brands are also OK.

Has anyone any experience they could pass on?

Many thanks.

Alistair

We took slightly different approach. We have a (magnetic bottom) kettle that can also be used on the gas ring.

We also travel with a single Induction ring which can be easily adjusted to match the amperage offered on site. The advantage of this is that the ring cools down quickly compared with a traditional elect ring and can be varied between 200 to 1600 watts,

The heat goes directly to the kettle / saucepan etc and is nearly as efficient as a traditional kettle.

Rgds

I bought two 1000 watt kettles at Wilkinsons Store in Southampton, we use one on our Inverter whilst travelling and when we are on Hook Up too. they were £14 each, I don't know off hand what make they are but for£14 they are as cheap as chips and work very well, the reason I bought two is one for spare as sods law says if one fails I won't be able to get another one easily.they too hold a Litre of water and boil quickly.

Being a complete a*****e, most things I do are nonesensical[?] I simply take my household Kettle [and Toaster] and sometimes the hot water bottle.I even take the house Tele..if it dont work I open a bottle and relax.

I went to the Cheshire show ,and a few spaces away a motorhome owner took 41/2 hrs to set up..levellers..tv..solar panel..turbine..windbreak..you name it..then he did it.I managed [god knows how] without Tele..solar power..levellers..even a wind break. Try a pan on the Gas hob. A "holiday" in a motorhome is not quite like a real holiday..its not even cheap cos a fortnight in spain can cost less than a week on some sites in Uk.For £30K i can have more "real "holidays than you can imagine [over the next few years of my life and I know I aint many at my age][God we love going to Australia] but....the people we meet on Motorhome holidays..fantastic..cant think of anyword that describes them.Sod the Kettle..just go ,if your kettle dont work go to the van next door..if its me..the tea/coffee is free

Archived