Selling

michele

Hi Michelle ,

If you are talking Fleabay or the like the most important thing is great pictures, clear and well spaced out description.

Friendly, homely and approachable also helps when selling goods like this, if people can come and chat and get chatty answers they feel they know and can trust you more.

Good luck with it

Mandy

Good pictures will sell your van, take your time and compose them, set the table with plate etc, bottle of wine and glasses, fold back the bed clothes on the bed and make it look inviting, maybe get hubby to photo you laying reading a book, seductively. Sounds silly but it worked for us. also lad the fridge with goodies, so they can see how mch it can hold.

Good luck Michele, sounds like you need some. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Hi Michele

Selling a Mh privately is not easy , so the last comments are sound advice.

Can i take this opportunity to mention the Worcester MH Show, To display your MH or surplus camping equipment in the For Sale Area IS FREE of CHARGE!!!

Camping for the weekend costs only £15 And it all goes to the RUBY Charity

Starts 10th -13th Sept at Worcester Racecourse

Dennis

michele - 2010-09-01 6:00 PM

Question .

If you sell something as it is do you get a set price ?

Now if I say it has Air Con Bike Rack sat nav blah blah do I get more .

Hi Michelle

'accessories' have a desireability factor not especially a monetry value.

equally some accessories may have a negative impact to some prospective buyers.

My MH came with a towbar , reverse camera and auto sat dish fitted as accessories. Luckily for me I wanted the tow bar and camera but the sat dish I had to think long and hard over if I wanted it. I wanted to be sure it wasn't just a gimmick (to me) and was correctly fitted and wouldn't cause later problems. The MH didn't cost anymore to buy than one without these items but those accessories ticked my boxes.

Other motorhomes I looked at included one with a washing machine fitted in the garage which instantly turned me off that MH.

Be careful how you pitch them and they should help the desireability of the MH and in some respects may give you a better bargaining power in terms of 'doing a deal' and not have to drop your asking price too far.

With a bit of luck I have found a buyer . I feel like I am due a bit of luck not alot just a bit :D I am waiting for him to get back to me so fingers crossed .

If not I am taking it to the nearest dealer and outing it I really am to busy for time wasters and people who want to haggle over it .

I really dont have the time to pose on the seats and anyway would most probably put off the buyers if they saw me :D beached whale springs to mind they would call in green peace .

So thank you all for your tips and good wishes its a shame really because we have loved everything that we have done in it and wouldnt trade a single memory of it .Its allowed us to do things with Disabled children that we could only of dreamed of having fantastic holidays all over the place

To see Roses face when she saw snow for the first time on Christmas Morning in Chamonix was a memory I will treasure forever .

Thanks all so much

Guest Tracker

Michele - before parting with Bessie forever is it conceivable that you might want to start using her again in the forseeable future?

If so - and as it is unlikley to depreciate much, if at all, in the next year or so might it be worth laying it up out of use on 'laid up' not for road use insurance and with a 'sorn' so no VED to pay - assuming you have or know of somewhere to safely park or store it?

Thinking about what you might get for her now and what it will cost to replace if you decided to gave me this horror thought that maybe selling her now ain't neccessarily the right way forward for your family and your future needs?

Not that I am trying to tell you what to do - heaven forbid!

Plenty of advice will follow from all on what to do when laid up and how to do it if you need it!

Ah bless Richard ,

Wished it was that simple but we cant get respite the children I look after are classed to complex a need and Foster Carers like me are few and far between .

Complex because they dont talk they sign well one does and complex because at any time the epilepsy could kill my Fred each & every fit she may not recover to breath and also feeding tubes machines and stomach buttons .

So we have thought of this but we cant do it on our own and then it ends up a round of taking the kids on each and every break but the realsity is two are in wheelchairs and the other two can sit BUT one is like houdini and escapes from everywhere and its going to be against the law to seat them all because of the seatbelt sideways facing option we have.

Alas we dont have the money for a new one and in hindsight we should of stayed with the Hobby and its train seats and massive garage for the wheelchairs but thats just it . The kids change daily who knew then that Fred would end up loosing her mobility ?

Richard bless.

Guest Tracker

I appreciate that it is not your nature to seek handouts Michele but given your situation perhaps one of the major chains like Marquis or even Brownhills might be able to either offer you a special price or perhaps sell the van for you or maybe do you good deal on a more suitable vehicle should you need one?

I know a Marquis branch manager quite well and I'll ask him for his - or his company's - point of view and let you know.

Archived