Hymer UK Preston/Brownhills

starvin marvin

Brownhills like to promote themselves as Hymer UK, and as the only Uk Hymer supplier.

Not so, there are others who can and will supply a Hymer and can service and do warranty work on it. They are also a lot cheaper on price.

I won't mention company names, but a Google search will do the job and you have to phone them and have a chat.

They are sourced in Europe and "Hymer UK" might tell you they are "grey imports" "not UK spec." etc. Non of which is accurate.

Hallii

hallii - 2010-09-03 2:05 PM

Brownhills like to promote themselves as Hymer UK, and as the only Uk Hymer supplier.

Not so, there are others who can and will supply a Hymer and can service and do warranty work on it. They are also a lot cheaper on price.

I won't mention company names, but a Google search will do the job and you have to phone them and have a chat.

They are sourced in Europe and "Hymer UK" might tell you they are "grey imports" "not UK spec." etc. Non of which is accurate.

Hallii

Thanks for the info Hallii, but all I want to know is are Hymer UK and Brownhills the same company or separate entities? I assume from your reply you would say that they are.

I want to know (if possible) if they trade as separate companies and have separate limited liabilities.

As shown in Companies House

04036439 HYMER (UK) LIMITED Dissolved

Name & Registered Office:

HYMER (UK) LIMITED

10 NORWICH STREET

LONDON

EC4A 1BD

Company No. 04036439

Date of Incorporation: 19/07/2000

Others (Dissolved or in Liquidation)

03161022 HYMER CLUB INTERNATIONAL LIMITED C of N 13/10/1999

03654534 BROWNHILLS LIMITED Dissolved

04030340 BROWNHILLS MOTORHOMES (CANNOCK) LIMITED in Liquidation

06540730 BROWNHILLS MOTORHOMES LIMITED C of N 30/04/2008

03631676 BROWNHILLS LIMITED C of N 22/02/1991

02770598 BROWNHILLS HOLDINGS LIMITED C of N 26/02/1999

06540730 BROWNHILLS MOTORHOMES LIMITED C of N 30/04/2008

Current regisytered Companies

02999408 BROWNHILLS MOTORHOMES LIMITED

A1-A46 JUNCTION

LINCOLN ROAD

NEWARK

NOTTINGHAMSHIRE

NG24 2EA

Company No. 02999408

Date of Incorporation: 08/12/1994

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

5010 - Sale of motor vehicles

Accounting Reference Date: 31/12

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/12/2008 (FULL)

Next Accounts Due: 30/09/2010

Last Return Made Up To: 01/02/2010

Next Return Due: 01/03/2011

Last Members List: 01/02/2010

Previous Names:

Date of change Previous Name

24/03/1995 NWS 105 LIMITED

30/04/2008 ANY ROAD LIMITED

28/04/2008 DAEWOO DIRECT FINANCE LIMITED

00760320 BROWNHILLS MOTORHOMES (NEWARK) LIMITED

C/O KROLL LIMITED

THE OBSERVATORY CHAPEL WALKS

MANCHESTER

M2 1HL

Company No. 00760320

Date of Incorporation: 08/05/1963

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

5010 - Sale of motor vehicles

But can not search Directors unless paying for services

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/cf05e688bc9677c904a356e7520d7b5b/wcframe?name=accessCompanyInfo

Looking on the Hymer UK website it is adorned with Brownhills details

http://www.hymeruk.com/

e.g.

Extracted from Hymer website

New Monthly Newsletter

To keep our Club Brownhills' members better informed Brownhills has launched this new online bulletin, this newsletter has already been emailed to our email subscribers. From now on this newsletter will be sent out every month, it will include information of our offers, a calendar of upcoming events and links to important news stories. For future issues we welcome your input on what other features you would like to see included.

If you are not already on our mailing list you can join it on our website at www.brownhills.co.uk/newsletter/.

So to answer the question - Yes it is PROBABLE that they are one & the same company

Sorry I can't clarify further.

Wow, Flicka thats impressive, and many thanks. The info is similar to what I'd found out. I think its interesting to see how companies change and then reform.

Brownhills at Newark, although called Brownhills whatever Ltd, trade as Brownhills Leisure World Newark. It obviously depends who you have a contract with, and whether or not the liabilities of a previous company has transferred to the new incarnation.

Guest JudgeMental
I would like to know the alternative source of Hymers in the UK please as interested in a Car 322 but really dont want to call brownills :-S

Hi Eddie

Hymer's own website no longer lists Hymer UK, which would further question the status of any new Hymer vehicles purchased from Hymer UK, Preston.

http://www.hymer.com/cms/en/service1/dealers/Suche.html?country=GB&city=L1&radius=200

It only shows Brownhills (Newark & Newcastle) for Motorhomes.

Interestingly it does not list Brownhills as a "Service centre"

However it does list Lowdhams (Nottingham, NG14 7ES & Huddersfield, HD4 5NU) for their Caravans. Lowdhams were also UK dealers for Eriba (a Hymer brand) so it may be worth a phone call to them ?

http://www.lowdhams.com/

But can Cranham supply new Hymers ?

They do not list Hymer under their "dealerships"

"Our motorhome line up includes new motorhomes from Swift, Autotrail and Autocruise who are all UK based. Continental brands are represented by the prestigious Frankia, Burstner ranges."

Can only quote their website.

"HYMER

HYMER from Cranhams.

Cranham is an independent, customer orientated, family-run business who offer a friendly and professional service in the buying and selling of new and used caravans and motor homes. We are established as the South’s foremost dealer in HYMER and accessories, having hundreds of new and used models in stock."

John

Brilliant info regarding company house records!

Would you trust a company that reforms every few years. It was one of the lines used on me.

I bought a new Hymer from Brownhills and sufferred all the bad sevice that they are famous for, but I have never publicised it til now.

It is such a shame that the industry has such a bad after sales reputation.

Fred

Guest Tracker
Just spare a thought for all those poor soddes that bought a new ducato based Swift from Brownstuff - what a dire combination - crap vans, crap build quality and crap dealer - a triple whammy - perhaps we should start a counselling service for them!

Guest JudgeMental
Cranhams are an odd lot and most unfriendly with me anyway lol......until recently they where a Euramobil dealers but seem to have lost that *-)

It's not answering the OP's question but here goes..

The Preston branch is only 20 mins away and we've visited 3 times.

Our first visit we were completely ignored, and I mean ignored, not even a Hello by staff on duty.

Second visit, and an England football match was on and showing in the showroom, very nice touch except the only folk watching was the salespersons. They never took their eyes off the match.

Third visit, surprise surprise, we didn't bother going in and just viewed a van we were interested in. It's preparation was garbage. It smelled dreadfully of both dogs and cigarettes, and yes it had been valeted, not "awaiting preparation" as they say. Or rather it needed another go at it.

Martyn

Hymer UK (previously Madisons) are showing as motorhome dealers in Hymer's site:

http://www.hymer.com/cms/en/service1/dealers/Suche.html&country=GB

I've been using Hymer UK for the last 10 years and have only experienced problems with them this year. They have been badly affected by the shenanigans at Brownhills (the dealership in Preston is known as Hymer UK or Brownhils North West) and the recession/sterling value.

There have been all sorts of stories on the various motorhome websites about the relationship between Hymer AG (the German company), Hymer UK and Brownhills. I doubt anyone outside the senior management hierarchy knows what is going on but there are plenty of others willing to speculate.

The key to understanding the progress of company changes of name is to concentrate on the NUMBER of the company. That way you can track the company through any changes. Often a company will "swap" names with another so it looks like the same company but isn't !!

Tracker - 2010-09-05 2:52 PM

Just spare a thought for all those poor soddes that bought a new ducato based Swift from Brownstuff - what a dire combination - crap vans, crap build quality and crap dealer - a triple whammy - perhaps we should start a counselling service for them!

We purchased a new Swift Escape on Fiat 5 speed from Brownhills in May 2009, so guess we fit your description exactly. Except that it runs really well, no sign of the "juddergate problem" on reversing up hills, Swift build quality fine, and excellent back-up from Brownhills afterservice. So Tracker when you decide to update your van give Swift, on a Fiat, from Brownhills a go and look forward to an enjoyable vanning experience.

LordThornber - 2010-09-05 4:01 PM

It's not answering the OP's question but here goes..

The Preston branch is only 20 mins away and we've visited 3 times.

Our first visit we were completely ignored, and I mean ignored, not even a Hello by staff on duty.

Second visit, and an England football match was on and showing in the showroom, very nice touch except the only folk watching was the salespersons. They never took their eyes off the match.

Third visit, surprise surprise, we didn't bother going in and just viewed a van we were interested in. It's preparation was garbage. It smelled dreadfully of both dogs and cigarettes, and yes it had been valeted, not "awaiting preparation" as they say. Or rather it needed another go at it.

Martyn

sounds very similar to the old Madisons set-up then

Guest Peter James

Whats wrong with a dealer leaving you alone to look around?

(far better than a pushy salesman as far as I am concerned. I would rather find the salesman when I am ready)

Archived