Management system .

bazooka

On a previouse thread i reported my engine management light coming on going up a mountain pass above Gap in France .Later it went off,back home the garage showed up a intermittent fault on the map senser.Fitting etc £170 (Transit 125 tdci 2004).Speaking to a mechanic today he said the fault was caused by the thin air at alttitued, the light did stay off after a 30 min break, i've never come across this on any threads before if this is true have i thrown away £170.what do our experts think?

Baz :'(

Guest Tracker

Unless the engine runs rough or shows signs of distress I would have been more inclined to have the fault reader reset and only replace the sensor if it showed a fault for a second time as my experience has been that once you start messing with the ECU and it's sensors others seem to get the message of what fun it is to be a PITA (pain in the bum!) and want to join in causing you extra financial grief - a bit like them there gremlins!

But that's just my own view which no doubt contradicts the maker's and other repairer's views!

Archived