Coming Home

nowtelse2do

Got back from a 4 week trip late Thursday night. Have just finished (6pm) emptying and cleaning and washing the van (daylight hours). We now have to start weeding and tiding the garden, another two days i reckon. I think most of you go through this ritual (isn't it a bloody bind?)

When our holiday is finished we just want to get home asap but coming home and having to sort every thing out is wearisome. 40 odd letters and mags behind the door, 118 emails (half of them from Mr Anthony Ashanii wanting to give me a lot of money but needs our bank details first) very nice of him.

But tomorrow, Sunday is day of rest and sod the garden, We, 'meaning my son and myself' have entered our car into a Classic Car & Bike show at Ripon Racecourse, although i go to lots of these shows and the steam shows its the first time we have exhibited anything (cars that is) so if any of you are going there come over to the sports car section, look for a TWR XJS and say hello. I promise to try and not laugh :-D

Dave  

Hi Dave, Yeh one of the early ones 1984 totally original 88000 miles garaged from new. Although it as been started & backed out the garage then put back its been off the road since 2002. Bought it last year of a friend of mine (been trying to buy it for a few years now) Son wanted in on it f.s.h. TWR sales spec. The downer is its Auto & not Manual, so that's the story. I also have a 1974 Mark 4, Spitfire which I think you know about, son as Audi quattro turbo 1986, I think that has 78000 on clock (laid up)also a Suzuki 650 2002 with only 2500 on clock (laid up) and his everyday car is a 2004 Focus 2.5 V6, all bought for less than £18000. Have your e-mail so will send you pics when I get back tomorrow.

Dave

Hi pelmetman,

Just got back from the show which was quite good. Won first prize for being the most pleasant exhibitor. Yes it has the spoiler and the full body kit + other special items, a very good car but if not looked after then a nightmare.

Thanks Dave N. Apparently my son's car is a Mondeo Zetec, whatever that means!! and not a Focus. and the bike is a SV 650 S twin Suzuki

Dave

Archived