Gaslow change

marijohn1

Dear readers. I am new to the forum and would like some help.

I am thinking of changing one of my 6kg bottle to a 6kg Gaslow refillable bottle so I can have them refilled in France etc. and would like any information as I am not sure whether to go for one or 2 bottles as I dont know if the gas freezes like Butane or is it like Propane as we do a lot of winter camping.

Could any one help with my problem.

thanks

I would recommend only having one bottle changed. Then you can use an exchange bottle for whatever country you intent to visit regularly. My previous panel van had two 6kg and thats what we did. On our present van we have a 13kg refillable and currently a Portugese/Spanish Repsol bottle. Works for us.

You pay your money and take your choice.

I would recommend only having one bottle changed. Then you can use an exchange bottle for whatever country you intent to visit regularly. My previous panel van had two 6kg and thats what we did. On our present van we have a 13kg refillable and currently a Portugese/Spanish Repsol bottle. Works for us.

You pay your money and take your choice.

We have one large Gaslow bottle and have had problems with gas pressure in cold weather, French GPL seems to have a high proportion of butane and I think the two gases separate overnight and we experience a pressure drop first thing in the morning. We do carry a small light weight Calor cylinder as a back up but only if we think the temperature will be consistently below zero. If you can get through your trip with two large cylinders filled in the UK then go with that otherwise I would suggest one Gaslow and a locally sourced cylinder.

Archived