Goodbye from me to Nationwide

w1ntersun

Guest JudgeMental

Really?

"xedo Money Solutions is a MasterCard® Member Service Provider"

in my experience Mastercard probably give the worse exchange rate of any card? worse then tourist rate sometimes:-S whereas nationwide will still give the far better commercial rate of transaction..........

Please ignore my first post as I have now read the terms and conditions and I do not like these two points. I will have to keep looking

This agreement will terminate 36 months from account opening date, after this time the funds on your

card will expire and become valueless.

Your Prepaid Card will be valid for 36 months, when it expires we will not automatically issue a

replacement prepaid card.

Richard

After being betrayed by Nationwide and thier quote of "We like to be different" I have gone for Caxton fx same idea as the CCC backed by Mastercard and have not long loaded it at a rate of aprox 1.18 + euros which seems better than the CCC at the moment.

Even if I loose out slightly in the end I will get great satisfaction from knowing I am not letting Nationwide get away with this betrayal of promises which made me join them in the first place years ago. It would appear they are no better than the other barsteward banks. >:-)

The choice it seems to me for a change from the NW Flex a/c is either the, the Halifax Clarity credit card ,or the Santander Zero credit card, but you must settle the balance in full each month to benefit from low or no charges for cash withdrawals abroad.

You could still stick with NW Flex as this is still one of the better ie cheaper a/cs.

I seem to recall that Travelex do a similar card but do not know how there rates vary. i had one which had 20€ on it when it was stolen in a burglary-the insurance co paid up without question. I am trying to find a card that accepts deposits in Euros but no luck yet.

Bob

PS Profile now updated - thanks for instructions!

And to top it all, my local N/Wide is only a branch and it seems branches are to be axed. The nearest main office will be 25 miles in either direction in the centres of very busy towns ,so even if I stick with them paying in is going to be even more of a problem.

Alan.

kelly58 - 2010-09-06 1:38 PM

If you read the botton line of the ad it states the cost of the card is £10 unless you deposit £450.00 or more

The £10 to start and activate the card is added to your first loading, it is not a fee as such. The minimum loading at any one time is 150 euros.

We have a joint account with N/W, like the judge says's they are still one of the best for commercial rate's and if there is a minimum of £750 per month going into the account then you get free annual UK & European (EEC)travel ins, that is for both of us so taking that on board it is still the best deal for us.

Dave  

Archived