Replacing shower tray

boxer1

The shower tray in my 1998 Autotrail Cheyenne is cracked and needs replacing. I purchased a new one from local dealer but it was shallower so I had to build the floor up to the bottom of the tray.

The problem that I have is the centre of the tray is higher than the adges and when I stand on it my weight pushes the tray down to the wooden base in other words the centre of the tray is of light material and for this reason is very flexable.

The old tray was stuck with what looks like double sided tape or the tape that is used to seal railings on the roof of vans etc.

The question that I am asking is does the tray have to be stuck to the floor or is it best to let it flex. If the advice is to stick it then what product do I use that will not damage the tray.

Boxer1

Guest Tracker

These shower trays are so flimsy that I would be unhappy without the whole base supported on a wooden platform which inturn should be fixed to the van floor.

Fitted right you will not need to use any glue as the whole assembly will be unable to move or flex but if you do need to secure it in place to stop it moving I would use silicone - but do be aware that if it needs to come out whatever adhesive you use will make the job that much harder?

Thanks tracker

The basin is touching the floor at the edges, it is only the centre of the tray that has flexed away from the floor the reason being they are so flimsey.

I fitted it today and run a few lines of silacone at the centre and put weights on. Hop[e this works.

Boxer1

Archived