Policeman Jailed

vindiboy

Most of you will have seen the clip on TV of the Police Sargeant in Wiltshire ill treating a middle aged Lady who was arrested for failing to give a breath specimin, she was asleep in a car apparently and had been drinking . the Sargeant was seen dragging her across the floor of the Police station and then throwing her into a cell. He was sacked from the Police and Jailed, what annoys me the most about this the fact that his colleagues are seen sitting at desks watching this go on and doing nothing about it,They are equally guilty in my opinion and should also have been sacked and jailed.

vindiboy - 2010-09-07 9:15 PM Most of you will have seen the clip on TV of the Police Sargeant in Wiltshire ill treating a middle aged Lady who was arrested for failing to give a breath specimin, she was asleep in a car apparently and had been drinking . the Sargeant was seen dragging her across the floor of the Police station and then throwing her into a cell. He was sacked from the Police and Jailed, what annoys me the most about this the fact that his colleagues are seen sitting at desks watching this go on and doing nothing about it,They are equally guilty in my opinion and should also have been sacked and jailed.

A police woman did report it, and the lady was not charged for drink & drive. He deserved what he's got even if she was drunk no one, male or female should be treated like that.

Dave

Dave

No not really ,You are saying youhave to imprison people for being there .

Every glassing on a Friday night where someone smashes a beer glass and puts it in someones face resulting in possibly hundreds of stitches and facial disfigurement. far exceeds her injury and assault (still unforgivable ) do we arrest everyone in the pub ?

because thats what you are implying or do I have it wrong ?

Well do I ?

Yes you have it very wrong, all who witnessed the terrible treatment of this lady were Police Officers all with the power of arrest and all of whom did nothing to stop his actions. I am sure that as a Policeman in Jail he will have a fun packed time and will expect the protection of Prison Officers , protection his colleagues failed to give the lady in question, I spent some time working as a Prison Officer so I have a good idea of the treatment his fellow inmates will have planned for him.

Vindi ,

You are saying for being there only, they should loose there jobs.?

You dont know the full story I would imagine that all them PC's would of been disciplined .

You fail to answer the question .

So lets try this one you re on a bus and someone assaults another passenger and you do nothing along with the rest of the bus. Its all on video tape . Should you loose your job ? why not because you are just joe public ? surely we all should do something ?

Yes they should of intervened and yes they should be disciplined for their lack of actions SACKED PRISON ? bit far stretched for my liking .

No not for just being there but for being there and doing nothing, they are Police Officers paid for and expected to uphold the law which they saw being broken in front of their eyes and ignoring all. guilty by association it's called I wonder how you would have felt if it were you in that situation , being surrounded by Police turning a blind eye to your ill treatment.

Hang on we are getting away from the point here .

You want them jailed and sacked, drastic !!!!!!!!.

Would it be fair to say that in the prison service your colleagues (maybe not yours ) but officers in her majestys service give a prisoner a slap now and again ? Dont say it dont happen because as you say above they will have something instore for him. If not colleagues then inmates but dont tell me that the officers wont know about it and will turn a blind eye ,sack em all I say

But hey ho life goes on ,wrongly I give you that, but it happens .

No you mis- understand again michelle The prison Officers will do their up most to protect the EX Policeman from the ire of his fellow prisoners, more than his Ex Colleagues did for the lady in custody.How can they continue to operate as Police Officers if they are prepared to ignore such blatent breaking of the law in front of their eyes ?

nowtelse2do - 2010-09-07 9:43 PM

Isn't the police there for our protection, surely the others were in fact aiding and abetting by doing nothing. Fortunately our police don't go around exterminating races, YET!!

Dave 

Again I say I think we are missing the point .I totally agree with the both of you this should never of happened they shouldnt of stood and watched BUT you are on about sacking and jailed .Seperate the two of them . Yes they are wrong yes they should of taken action but as said they will get disciplined for their inactions but sacking jailed . what other job do you know where this happens . Its not about what they have done or not done the whole point is you cant sack and imprison people for being there.Vindi I aint missing the point here . Tell me hand on heart you have never in all your years service seen any one give any one a slap ,be it a prisoner officer or an inmate . I am not condoning it but I bet you know someone who has slapped someone and I bet you know of incidents and I also bet you that they didnt get sacked or go to prison.I

Guest JudgeMental

The incident was shocking and discraceful......The policeman responsible and his colleagues should all be held responsible.

Let me tell you, if you witnessed something and did nothing about it you would soon end up in court *-)

Just suppose this policeman himself was being dragged across the police station floor by the person he had arrested, would the other officers have looked and then just looked away

Or would they have been jumping over the counter to help there fellow officer?.

Hi,

In France, it is a criminal offence not to help somebody who is in danger/injured. This can lead to a charge of something akin to manslaughter, if the person dies. No doubt somebody can tell us the exact rules.

One day a young girl, probably about 12 years old, knocked on my door. I was home alone. She had fallen and cut herself on a piece of metal, and asked for my help. She showed me the wound, which was just below the "elastic line". 8-) I am not trained in First Aid, but it didn't look too serious to me, more of a scratch. Not worth calling an ambulance for, so I advised her to go to the chemist. Effectively I did nothing. But if I had .....

Did I read somewhere that ONLY a midwife can assist a woman to deliver a baby?

Whatever, I expect the police to stick together, they are called upon to go into nasty situations so need to know they can rely on their colleagues. But where do you draw the line?

Archived