Düsseldorf show and new Master van

Guest JudgeMental

maggyd - 2010-09-13 9:49 PM

Ficka we were looking at the Dethleffs at the Euro Camp in Germany! have you seen the prices? I thought they were Very expensive didnt look inside as the prices put us off.

Ah but, Eddie likes to buy German vans in Europe & import.

So LHD in Euro's considerably cheaper than RHD UK spec in £. :D :D

flicka - 2010-09-13 9:28 PM

Eddie,

Have you considered the Dethleffs Globebus range - 3 low profiles but very close to the width of a PVC (2.15m) & T1 / T2 models are 5.98m long

http://www2.dethleffs.de/gb/reisemobile/globebus.php#technicalData

To answer on eddie's behalf, we discused long ago on here about the fixed bed on Globebus having very limited headroom, even I can't sit up in bed!

Guest JudgeMental

read my lips: No more plastic box's made of cheese (Tin boxes only):-D

I bought a 4 season van and even paid about £500 extra for upgraded heating and have never used the thing in dept of winter :-S The reason for downsizing is also our lack of use? 15000 miles in 3.5 years does not really make sense too me. Plus I like travelling abroad and a new coachbuilt was well over 50k*-) hard to justify with our low use .

A PVC will be used much more I can assure you of that, AND the wife will be happy to drive it unlike the coachbuilt. Mel..please keep up?:D I have gone of the idea of the longer van and going for the 5.99M models.

One of the reasons for Düsseldorf was to have 2 days seeing if I can fit in van cmmfortably...and it is fine. Most of our use is in decent weather so outside living, and even if this not the case we will be fine. we had a VW Westphalia for 7 years and loved it, and wife looking forward to a compact van again.

for quick weekends bikes can go in back and for longer trips on a tow bar rack. under bed storage is enough, just need to get more compact outside furniture that is all...Honestly sweetie no need for concern I know what I'm doing 8-)

As long as I can sell camper that is! if not I don't really care that much, happy to wait another year if need be ;-)

Ill be watching with interest, as I have been wanting to do the same thing for the last 12 months, I would feel much more confident driving a smaller van and as you say judge we spend most of the time outside the van ;-) just as long as I have plenty of room for my clothes and shoes.

Guest JudgeMental
maggyd - 2010-09-13 10:56 PM

Ill be watching with interest, as I have been wanting to do the same thing for the last 12 months, I would feel much more confident driving a smaller van and as you say judge we spend most of the time outside the van ;-) just as long as I have plenty of room for my clothes and shoes.

Our teenagers have other plans for next summer otherwise I would keep the coachbuilt, they can still travel with us and sleep in a tent. Plus we hope to be moving house and finding a house with parking for a largish camper is harder then you think, and very limiting in property choice in the London area.

if you have a shoe fetish, and mosr ladythings seem to......You may need a trailer:D

Guest JudgeMental
thebishbus - 2010-09-14 8:48 AM

Hey Judge, whats this, electric bikes on the back of the van !! thought this was a no no, you like them locked in the garage. (lol)

Brian B.

Correct Brian, but ifI have no choice? So, on a tow bar bike rack with quality lock through the tow bar frame...its the flimsy Fiamma style racks that I don't like? most of the time they will be carried in van with bed tipped up, only on fully loaded longer trips on rack......

Stuff you then m'lud!!!! >:-) :D ;-) ;-)

Here's me sitting here with chronic internet connection problems but I choose to spend some of my valuable 'on line' time putting a 'helpful' posting on, when I could be doing something more fun. Instead I'm worrying over you and your 'flirtation' with these dazzling beauties (I'm still talking PVC's by the way! :$ ) and I get told to 'keep up' ... (one of your lady acquaintances said "Right back at you chuck", NOT talking PVC's now, I don't know what she means, do you, although I think she is aware of your penchant for PVC (in another form!) :D ).

And did I mention my bad back at the moment (I had an argument with a printer that wouldn't come out of its storage box ... the box lost eventually ... or did it win?!), so I'm not exactly 'comfortable' either .... :-|

Going to fill my hot water bottle and sulk now ..... :-(

Only kidding! Well, about the PVC campers that is!!!! (lol)

Guest JudgeMental

May I recommend morphine for the pain? It is Gods natural gift.........

No dazzling glitzy vans for me, dont appeal whatsoever, I like them in plain white (colour coded of course) silver at a push. Sweetie I know your heart is in the right place but fear not, I do nothing on a whim:-D

For 2 these panel vans are fine I think, and I'm really looking forward to getting away from a big hulking beast.

winterisation is not that bad, Globecar had some examples of cross sections and while not as good as the euramobil they will do for the kind if camping we do...unlikely to be up the Alps in winter more likely on a beach in the far east...

these ramblings should be on my panel van thread not on here *-)

probably end up with something like this Hymer

1060129336_Car322.JPG.25de9738369c978213d20c68184052ef.JPG

JudgeMental - 2010-09-14 5:12 PM

May I recommend morphine for the pain? It is Gods natural gift.........

... these ramblings should be on my panel van thread not on here

Can't do ... anything stronger than Paracetamol sends me loopy ... last time I had something slightly stronger I got 'high' for a few hours and then spent the next 3 days in bed recovering!! And yes - it WAS legal! :D

You ramble away my dear, it's quite acceptable at your age - I hear it comes to us all eventually! (lol)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JudgeMental
For Derek:-D : snazzy new Westphalia Coloumbus on Fiat X250, while very nice (and expensive!) I thought is was over engineered, and unnecessarily expensive just to achieve a fancy way for the beds to fold out ...The van has a price tag from 60k, when a very good Adria/Hymer can be had for less then 40k. *-)

DSC00635.jpg.e3b65a767ee3f41761f34daebd60a25f.jpg

DSC00637.jpg.42b9fa14474001e848fd926d1015b4df.jpg

DSC00638.jpg.50bb48110fd2ddb43429c80be2d56a81.jpg

DSC00640.jpg.e642368bca7a7c70a3d360a2d875a996.jpg

DSC00636.jpg.ae1f0400d0ea52997be0b9184676f95a.jpg

Besides the manufacturers already mentioned in this thread, a few French speciaist converters (perhaps unsurprisingly) are offering motorhomes based on the latest Renault Master. Mostly these are PVCs, though there is a monocoque-body coachbuilt too. Apparently the Italian manufacturer X-GO exhibited a Master-based overcab coachbuilt at Dusseldorf, with a price-tag of around €37k.

Archived