Single Trip Insurance

starvin marvin

Find it really infuriating that both Comfort & C&CClub will sell you home insurance allowing you to be away from the property for 180 days but you can't purchase travel insurance for same length of time.

However Comfort will add it to your house policy, if you have it with them, and quote I got was approx £240 for 180 days.

C&CC, when I challenged by them by e mail on the difference on days, said they couldn't do anything about it as it was the insurers rules. However when I phoned the insurance dept they did quote for 180 days at a cost of approx £200(sorry can't remember exactly) but haven't taken it out yet.

John

bounty hunter - 2010-09-09 11:53 AM

Find it really infuriating that both Comfort & C&CClub will sell you home insurance allowing you to be away from the property for 180 days but you can't purchase travel insurance for same length of time.

However Comfort will add it to your house policy, if you have it with them, and quote I got was approx £240 for 180 days.

C&CC, when I challenged by them by e mail on the difference on days, said they couldn't do anything about it as it was the insurers rules. However when I phoned the insurance dept they did quote for 180 days at a cost of approx £200(sorry can't remember exactly) but haven't taken it out yet.

John

Thanks for the reply. Whilst I as pondering, it occurred to me that the Nationwide now provide flex a/c holders with "free" travel insurance.

So one telephone call later, and they do and will extend the cover for 120 days for both of us at a cost of £130, which is slightly less than Comfort charged me earlier this year for 83 days!!

I'm now going to try Santander, who we have an a/c with for a price and who also provide "free" multi-trip travel insurance as per the Nationwide.

This is through a provider, I kid you not is called Dog Tag Insurance, I wonder how long it took a focus group to think that one up. I do remember once many years ago having car insurance with an outfit called the Baltic and Black Sea Ins Co, so I suppose daft names are not new.

Guest JudgeMental
Marvin do you know what the Nationwide health screening is like? As I have a few issues and cant get yearly world cover anymore :-S

Give these guys a try, we use them for our single trip insurance, admittedly our longest to date has been 25 days, but they do up to 365 days single trip cover apparently:

http://www.primaryinsurance.co.uk/yourtravelcover/essentialssingletripcover.html

We use them because they include pet care within the travel insurance up to £300 - very few do, and they don't charge an excess for this.

B-)

JudgeMental - 2010-09-09 4:19 PM

Marvin do you know what the Nationwide health screening is like? As I have a few issues and cant get yearly world cover anymore :-S

They simply asked me a few questions on Pre-Existing Cons. Ours are fortunately mild and no loading was applied to the quote. They did ask about medication, in patient treatment etc etc. It was much simplier than Comfort agents who required me to speak with a screening centre to explain our health conditions.

There is a leaflet covering travel ins, called " Nationwide Flexaccount Travel Cover" This may be available over the net.

JudgeMental - 2010-09-09 4:19 PM

Hi Judge

i also bank with NWide, so thought I would ask about thier "free" travel ins.

Well due to age both over 70 me with diabetes, they wanted £ 155.00 Europe only.

Not bad I suppose as currenty with them for annual cover at £ 283.32

PJay

Archived