Just a little go

dawki

robertandjean - 2010-09-10 8:26 PM

(Cassel aire is a long uphill walk to town and position next to fast road means do not think suitable for overnight stay).

Only just seen this post and thought it could be useful to some to hear that we have stayed at this Aire twice without any noise problem. The road is indeed the main route into Cassel, but it goes dead at night. Parking in the town is both free and plentiful, so no need for the long uphill walk.

dawki - 2010-09-10 5:22 PM Very many thanks for your replies so far, La Rochelle sounds really good but maybe as some have said just a tad too far I think? But I am tempted. Maybe just cruise along as you say try an Aire or two, heard so much about them and try some of these really good French sites I keep hearing about. All new to me Cheers Dawki

Calais - Rennes (central Brittany) about 330 miles/6 hours driving time with a motorhome on fastest roads.  Calais - La Rochelle about 430 miles/8 hours driving time the on same basis.  For these speeds, you will incur tolls.

General weather forecast for France on Sunday/Monday next week is wet, improving mid-week from west, but generally wet again later in week.  However, long range forecests.....................................:-)

Archived