Does such a van exist?

gasgas

I am looking for a van with the following attributes:

1) Under 6 metres long

2) Drop down bed over front seats

3) 2 front entrance doors.

If anyone can tell me of a motorcaravan, new or old, that has the above then I may just have found my perfect model. Logic and experience tells me that the above would be ideal for two people who neither want to climb a ladder in bare feet (ouch) nor want to clamber around furniture to reach the front seats (ouch, that was my big toe), and who want to park in an ordinary car parking space (potential crunch and ouch).

Thanks

Andrew

Guest JudgeMental

If a van is so badly thought out/designed not to have a ladder that can not be used comfortably? what else will be wrong with it I wonder :-S

Euramobils have decent flat stepped ladders *-)

Thanks Judge, I'll look out for Euramobils. I think that the Merchant Bankers in London who have nicked most of my pension will have to give it back before I can afford a new one though. >:-)

.........There is a 1990 Euramobil on ebay for £10k. Anything else and I'll have to sell one of my houses first. (lol)

Hopefully one day there will be one I can afford. Are Euramobils good quality? I don't know them. Probably are if they have wide treads on the ladders.

Guest JudgeMental

With less then a £10,000 budget you are in all likelihood entering a world of grief *-)

and can forget the A class with drop down bed and the

I think to get what you want will be limited to small "A" Class vans on your £10k. But they are mainly only 1 cab door.

Possibility is the Pilote City Van P57 0r P60, but budget would need stretching.

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/channel/newsitem.asp?c=1&cate=__784

http://www.hayesleisure.co.uk/

Others are a recent introduction even the La Strada (PVC) or low profiles (Burstner, Rapido & Adria, come to mind, but they all have additional berths/beds)

JudgeMental - 2010-09-13 12:26 PM

With less then a £10,000 budget you are in all likelihood entering a world of grief *-)

and can forget the A class with drop down bed and the

Well, my current van is a 1993 Fiat Ducato Burstner which was left hand drive when I got it. I've converted it to Right Hand Drive, tossed out the stupid 1.9 naturally aspirated engine and installed a nice powerful turbo version. With new belts, clutch and exhaust of course. Best of all it doesn't have any computers which means I don't get any grief: if anything goes wrong, I don't call it grief, I just get on and fix it. None of which I could do on a new camper as I don't have a handy 4 year old with a laptop to fix it.

After converting it and fitting a different engine we jumped in it and went off

around Europe - France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and back, and it was wonderful. When we got back I took it for its MOT and it passed first go. Perhaps I should have done the MOT first.(?) It's Isle of Man registered, and they don't have MOTs there, so me getting an MOT was purely in my own interests for someone else to check my work.

What I read about new vehicles makes me scared to buy one, to be honest.

The point of the post was that if I can find a suitable van, presumably I won't be able to afford it but I will have a target to aim for, and will save up till I have the money. Thanks for all your suggestions, I will take a look at them. :-D

Archived