camp sites

skyrider

We stayed at a site in Kirby Lonsdale, I've no idea of how many there are, if it's the same one it was a pleasant mooch into the town. The facilities were hotel quality, we didn't use them though and were given a reduction in nightly fee which was kind. Sorry if this isn't much use, I can't remember the site name at all.

Clitheroe CCC site is just round the corner, we haven't stayed there, I'd say it's about 15m walk into town.

Martyn

LordThornber - 2010-09-15 6:05 PM We stayed at a site in Kirby Lonsdale, I've no idea of how many there are, if it's the same one it was a pleasant mooch into the town. The facilities were hotel quality, we didn't use them though and were given a reduction in nightly fee which was kind. Sorry if this isn't much use, I can't remember the site name at all. Clitheroe CCC site is just round the corner, we haven't stayed there, I'd say it's about 15m walk into town. Martyn

I hope that's 15 minute's Martyn and not miles :-D

Dave

We use the Clitheroe site quite regular for long weekends its about 25 miles from our house.

The site itself is quite nice although the facilities are adequate but not top notch, a couple of pubs nearby and its about a 15 minute walk into town.

There is also a nice riverside walk nearby and a miniture railway, my fave place in Clitheroe is Dawsons hardware shop at the side of the market, lots of goodies in there.

Jimmy Clitheroes caff is just on the market, you get a nice cuppa there and if you like the old style rock music the guy who runs the carpet stall plays it all day long, all in all a nice little town.

Archived